Need answer(s) regarding target

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

OwnerITO

Need answer(s) regarding target

Post by OwnerITO »

Hiyas all. Hope everyone had a good 08 and is having a great 09 deer hunt. It has been awhile since I have been on.
Had to sell my Phoenix (which took my first deer with any kind of bow; 10 pt buck at 12 yds, deer went 25 yds and dropped dead.) Financial difficulties and all.
I had purchased the Mckenzie 'blue' block target and was impressed with it for the Phoenix that I had. My buddy's Exomax didn't fare that bad against it.
Next year I am getting the Exocet 200 and I want to buy a new block target to sight it in with and to practice my shooting during the off season. Has anyone been able to purchase any of the xbow models either by Delta or by the people that make 'The Block'?
Any and all input would be grateful. Thx in advance everyone.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

i never have owned one new, fer field pt. practice a good bag target is hard to beat fer the cost. Spyderweb is the best i have saw for field pt use.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Yup, Smokepolehall has it exactly right. The Morell bag or the Spyderweb are the best.
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

smoke x3
thanks philip
Chuck Gravel

Post by Chuck Gravel »

the morrells crossbow bag target takes shots from my equinox and the arrows only go in 6-8 inches with no problem of pulling them out. check out the reviews for it on cabelas.com
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

I have the Block, the one you can shoot on 4 sides. Stops my Exocet arrows w/ about 8-10 inches of penetration. But IMO can't like the targets on the sides too much.

Long
truckintravis

Post by truckintravis »

I have a 1.5XL spyderweb target. field tips only penetrate about 5" with my equinox and remove VERY VERY easy. wish i would have got the 24 by 24 target instead.
09' Equinox
varizone
Gold Tip Laser II
Slick Trick 100's
vrodman

Post by vrodman »

I also agree on the Morrell bag. Works great on my Vortex.
Vortex
Boo String's
Sure-Fire mounted on front
Firebolts,110 brass inserts,blazers w/100gr.Grim Reapers
Groundpounder mount
STS
OwnerITO

Post by OwnerITO »

I will be using broadheads, specifically 100 gr Wasp Boss BH to shoot into this target. Do I still go with the Spyder or Morrell bag target or am I looking at something totally different?
vrodman

Post by vrodman »

Don't use the bag for blades in my opinion.
Vortex
Boo String's
Sure-Fire mounted on front
Firebolts,110 brass inserts,blazers w/100gr.Grim Reapers
Groundpounder mount
STS
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

OwnerITO wrote:I will be using broadheads, specifically 100 gr Wasp Boss BH to shoot into this target. Do I still go with the Spyder or Morrell bag target or am I looking at something totally different?
Don't shoot bheads into either a bag target or a Spiderweb. I have a Rinehart 18-1 for bheads. Field points can be hard to pull from it w/o a pliers type puller. I've had several of the layered foam and wouldn't have another.
"Eze 18:21"
Rich

Post by Rich »

A Buckmaster bag target from Wal-Mart for field tips and the Crossbow King broadhead target work well for me. Under $80 for both.

Rich
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

i have the spiderweb for field points and the crossbow king for broadhead use.. i would buy them again in a heartbeat!
thanks philip
BUS314

choices are aplenty

Post by BUS314 »

I have the Morell Yellow Jacket Broadhead target.
It does a decent job for my needs, but they do go in up to the fletcing, I have also used (BACK IN THE OLD DAYS) a sandpile.
AKA-ChoctawBusGuy
Excal Phoenix
VariZone
GT II's w/ brass inserts
SlickTrick 125's
STS
Boo String
Double Bull DarkHorse
OwnerITO

Post by OwnerITO »

Hiyas all and ty for the feedback. I did look up the price for the Crossbow King and it is more than reasonable. I may also try the Mackenzie crossbow version as that target has 4 shooting sides and will up the life of the target tremendously.