TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
bomtek44

Post by bomtek44 »

CF,

This story is excellent. You have video in your mind that you can play over and over, any time you want. You can look back at the cam pictures and see him as he walked through your woodlots and your dreams. What a wonderful ending!!

Great Job!
bomtek44
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

I'll say it again Crazy, that is an awesome buck, but an even better story. Congrats, my friend.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I green scored the buck. I made an error the first time scoring since I forgot to add the non typical pt

Under the Va score system he scores 173.125 gross.
Under the B&C US system scores 151.25 gross

Of coarse he has deductions but I want a total antler number LOL

he beats my best buck which looks much bigger by 20inches. I couldnt believe how fast the mass adds up.

His base measurement is 5.785inches. His bur measurement is 7.5. Tallest tine was only 8 3/8ths. Circumference between G2 and 3 on the right side was 7 and 3/8ths lol
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

crazyfarmer wrote: I couldnt believe how fast the mass adds up.
I have said it time and time again that mass is the great equalizer. The mass associated with all the corn belt bucks is what many times carries them into the high altitude of the 170's and 180's. Those eight inch beams on brutes from the Midwest and portions of Canada get the calculator spinning. :lol:
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

Tines make the score big, spread makes it look big, and mass makes it big.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Monster bucks ... Congrat's ! .. Cool pic's as well !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

RJ, I have to thank my wife for the pics. She did a good job even with the flu:)

Kenton/Mike, now I know how you guys stack up inches. Most of my bucks are wide which is the norm for Va. They look bigger but in score they fall bigtime short. I'm debating mounts for this guy. I might go the pedestal route with a old fence post as the pedestal. I'd like to get him in a ears back fighting stance since he was in that pose on the shot. I definitely want the right side showing so he would turn left. But with a pedestal you can put him anywhere to show off anything.
radio2operate

Post by radio2operate »

Congrats Farmer. You sure will have a problem beating that hunting season.Great buck with lots of personality.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

radio2operate wrote:Congrats Farmer. You sure will have a problem beating that hunting season.Great buck with lots of personality.
tell me about it.... ive slowly tried to move away from taking 2.5 year olds but its hard since some are very good bucks. It worked well this season. The bad thing is, I could go all year without taking a buck and its a sick feeling. The whole month of Oct I had that sick feeling about letting buck after buck walk. It does pay off and sometimes it can pay off HUGE
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

crazyfarmer wrote: The bad thing is, I could go all year without taking a buck and its a sick feeling. The whole month of Oct I had that sick feeling about letting buck after buck walk. It does pay off and sometimes it can pay off HUGE
That "sick feeling" is the great motivator. I miss it! You know I usually don't kill my buck until January and the Swede always says that I do that on purpose to stretch out the season as long as possible. And she is right.

There was no way I could pass on "gray face." You just don't let 170 inch deer walk. But I will bet you dimes to dollars that some huge buck is going to present me with a broadside at twenty yards and all I will be able to do is make a funny face and drool.

So deep down CF you really wanted that "sick feeling." We antler freaks all do. Think how much fun Kenton and Fred are having right now. They are really sick, lol. :lol:
tracer

Post by tracer »

Great buck, congrats!
Authorized Dealer for SPYPOINT, SPARTAN, BADLANDS GEAR, KLYMIT, FENIX,
whitetailscrossing.com
Arkbow

Dream Buck

Post by Arkbow »

That's one buck that is worth it all; a big congrats CF; BTW, send those pictures of BOTH bucks to T/C; they may start sending some new guns your way; and you might need to think about getting a professional camera and....................

..........STARTING YOUR OWN SHOW........ :shock:
Hunt hard, respect what you hunt and waste no meat;
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Great buck and great photos! Congrats.

DuckHunt
crazyfarmer

Re: Dream Buck

Post by crazyfarmer »

Arkbow wrote:That's one buck that is worth it all; a big congrats CF; BTW, send those pictures of BOTH bucks to T/C; they may start sending some new guns your way; and you might need to think about getting a professional camera and....................

..........STARTING YOUR OWN SHOW........ :shock:
someone loan me the money for the cameras and I will:-P HAHAHAHHA