Yep, I am Biased

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longwinters

Yep, I am Biased

Post by longwinters »

I see that Excal advertises their xbows as faster and more accurate than other xbows, which would include wheel xbows. Course some of the wheel xbow companies make the same claims about their xbows.

I wonder what the companies base their claims on.

I am a firmly loyal to my Excal Exocet. I like everything about it. Infact, my oldest son and I did some shooting with it this morning and out to 50 yds it was dead nuts for both of us. Used the GII's set up for 125 gn target tips from Danny Miller. Gotta love this set up.

But I have not shot any other xbow so cannot speak from any experience.

Just wondered your thoughts?
Long
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Some CB companys claim their CB's be over 100 fps faster than my miss vixen. No wonder all them tick toters have been sticking their tongues out at miss vixen. showing her disrespect, reckon i need to go out and let her shoot another tick toter! :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

the catch is you have to shoot a certain arrow and string. Some of the compound bow companies get speeds by shooting arrows without tips so I have been told.

I want real world hunting weight arrow numbers :D :lol: 8)
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I did a lot of searching before i bought my Excalibur {Exomax}!! To me, Talking to people that have actually used the product in real life Hunting situations is the most important part of my Decisions! I found this Forum and asked Tons of Questions on the Excalibur Crossbows. I have never looked back and Very Glad I Did!!!!!!
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

crazyfarmer wrote:the catch is you have to shoot a certain arrow and string. Some of the compound bow companies get speeds by shooting arrows without tips so I have been told.

I agree with you 100%. The speeds posted are totally meaningless, since they are unrealistic in the real world. Unfortutunately a lot of folks buy into the fallacy that a faster bow is a better bow. If these folks were better advised, the manufacturers wouldn't have to play the "speed war" games that they are presently forced to partake in.

If that was the case, they wouldn't try to fix what wasn't broken, and end up compromising quality for speed. Instead, they could and would continue producing the good quality bows that got them the good reputation that they enjoy today.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
deer jamie

Post by deer jamie »

ComfyBear wrote:
crazyfarmer wrote:the catch is you have to shoot a certain arrow and string. Some of the compound bow companies get speeds by shooting arrows without tips so I have been told.

I agree with you 100%. The speeds posted are totally meaningless, since they are unrealistic in the real world. Unfortutunately a lot of folks buy into the fallacy that a faster bow is a better bow. If these folks were better advised, the manufacturers wouldn't have to play the "speed war" games that they are presently forced to partake in.

If that was the case, they wouldn't try to fix what wasn't broken, and end up compromising quality for speed. Instead, they could and would continue producing the good quality bows that got them the good reputation that they enjoy today.
:?: WELL SAID!!!
exomax
verizone
sts string
groundpounder
firebolts
bolt cutter
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

Well, if more states follow Michigan in the speed limit of 350fps on xbows, you take that part of the equation out of the game. Course I don't know how they will determine xbow speed in the woods? :roll:

Long
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

I have shot other crossbows. I had a 2009 Bowtech Strykeforce that shot 385 fps. I would take my Equinox over that x-bow any day. My Equinox is extremely accurate and I have far more confidence taking it into the woods. Speed is not everything.
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

longwinters, I'm told they will go by the crossbow's advertisements. If they claim over 350 fps, then that bow is illegal in MI.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

Speed is nice, a little more foregiving in judging distance. Alot of hunters are still using long/recurve bows without the speed, and still putting meat in the freezer.