Farm land question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gogo

Farm land question

Post by gogo »

About 1/2 mile away from my hunting spot they cut the corn fields today, I'm assuming that will help fill up my hunting woods. But the two woods I hunt is almost surrounded by soya beans, and between the two woods is soya. The soya is being cut now how will the deer react? Are they likely to stay or move on. I never hunted farm land before, any help would be appreciated. Thank you
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

They will still go for the corn even after its cut. The soybeans the bucks love for the leaves when its still green. They really don't touch it after it is brown. Good Luck. :)
fuel80guy

Post by fuel80guy »

Yes they will still feed in the cut cornfields and cut bean fields,,,so dont give up.
You will probably start seeing more deer in the bush when the corn gets cut because alot of deer will live in the corn fields before it gets cut.once it cut they must bed in the bush.
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

A lot of us are still waiting for the corn to come down since the deer are living in it. As has been said, once it's down, the deer will retreat to the bush again for cover and will head out to cut corn fields to feed.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

if you can hunt a field right after its cut its gold:) deer come out to check to see what has happened.

they will still come out to the fields, but later than normal. I always like to hunt right off the field edge after a field is cut
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

It'll be a hot spot. no more bedding and hiding in the corn. Thye will come to feed and be wide open good luck. Remeber only 70 - 80% of crop gets harvested - rest still out in the field waiting to be eaten.

F