Suburb Buck

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Rich wrote:Scott,

Just go in and destroy a bunch of their fancy ornamental bushes and blame it on that big ole buck. Then tell them you can take care of their nuisance deer free of charge.:lol:

Rich
he should have some old antlers he can take and rub the bark off some trees with :D :D

if he gets caught in the act he can just say he's trying to become more one on one with mother nature :D :lol:
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

There is a 50 acre+ tract on the back side of that neighborhood . . .I need to find the owner. There is another similar tract closer to my house and I've seen a couple of deer cross the road there. The problem is, that owner isn't anywhere to be found. I talked to him a few years ago and he was aging then. The road is named after his family, so, he has been here awhile. Now I go by his house and nobody answers. I hope he is OK, nice man. His brother lives a little further down the road, I'll go by and see him one day. They are farmers, so, I think they would be open to hunters. Especially if I give them some meat. We'll see.

Finding these little tracts around here is the key . . .there are some really big bucks around these subdivisions.

I've started seeing deer in places I had never seen them before. Wouldn't surprise me too much to have them in my backyard soon. They may get a surprise too. :P
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
wabi

Post by wabi »

That's the problem with urban deer, they don't get the nutrients the need like they would in the wild. You can tell from the pic that it is very obvious that particular buck is suffering from a severe iron deficiency. You should point this fact out to your friends!!!!!!

It's hard to get deer to eat iron, so the best way to supply it is by injection. I believe you already own the necessary tools and should volunteer to inject the poor suffering creature with at least 6 grams of iron.

Oh, the best way to inject it is from a distance by placing the 6+ grams of iron (100 grains) on the tip of an arrow and using the Excalibur to launch it. The closer to the heart is is injected the better, but there is a possibility it may be too late and the deer may not survive despite your attempts to save it. :(

Did I mention the blades on a broadhead contain a high level of iron?
wabi
gogo

Post by gogo »

Is it just me but his head looks really pointed.I blew the pic up and doesn't look right to me. Perhaps its the way the pic was taken.
philman

Post by philman »

gogo wrote:Is it just me but his head looks really pointed.I blew the pic up and doesn't look right to me. Perhaps its the way the pic was taken.
Now that you mention it yeah his head does look weird. But still a nice set of a bone none the less. Thats my kind of deer.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

philman wrote:
gogo wrote:Is it just me but his head looks really pointed.I blew the pic up and doesn't look right to me. Perhaps its the way the pic was taken.
Now that you mention it yeah his head does look weird. But still a nice set of a bone none the less. Thats my kind of deer.
I scanned the picture into my computer and I noticed the odd looking nose too after the scan. Looking at the orginial picture, the coloring of it's face makes it look thin. Kind of like an illusion. I've seen women use darker make-up on the sides of their nose in an effort to make their nose look smaller. Apparently it works . . . if they have a picture taken, then scan it into the computer. :lol:

Seriously, it's the color of the hair around the nose area.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I think you need Pest Control! If you need help i can drive down and give you a hand :lol:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Gobble!

Post by Gobble! »

i wish i had problems like this
Equinox
Vari-Zone
STS
Rage 2 Blade
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Gobble! wrote:i wish i had problems like this
Ditto!
TNXBow

Post by TNXBow »

What's their address. I have been thinking about a road trip to Georgia...