Leaf Gliding Study ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Moxie

Leaf Gliding Study ?

Post by Moxie »

Have you ever noticed the was leaves depart the limb they are attached to make there way to there final resting place on the ground or in the water? I do believe this year it has become my passion. Leaf gliding is the artful way which a leaf makes its one and only flight on high to the ground or water below. Some take a long and beautiful glide. yet, others just spiral down. still, other litterly throw themselves towards the landing site below. Of course, it's the long glide that catches our eye. We watch them glide down to there landing site in awe; such elegance in there glide.

It's interesting to note the difference that each kind of leaf has its own kind of exit from its high starting point. Some just seem to always have it when it comes to gliding, like the maples. Others just go head over heels down, like the oaks. yet, even the oak can accomplish a long spiraling glide every once in a while. Beech and the American Chestnut just seem to fall, no glide, just fall down. Still, when a glider does catch our eye, we follow its glide with wonder.

How many of you watch leaves gliding when your in your elevated stand? Do you find it interesting and a great way to pass time? tell us about your observations? Inquiring minds want to know!

My next study will be on the muskrats ability and/or in ability to catch mallard duck in the swamp!
Terry

Quad 300 x2