How does the chipmunk effect you while on stand?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Moxie

Post by Moxie »

We all know that sitting in a stand, at times, can be very boring; yet, then comes the Speedy Gonzales of the forest floor, the Chipmunk! They are very busy beavers, so to speak. There is their food supply to get in and getting it accomplished. They move from one place to another with the speed of an Indy racer, pack their cheeks and zing, they are off to their storage locker. I've watch them tear across an area then come to a screeching stop under some leaves. Then their heads pop up and down through the leaves, as they look around, while filling their cheeks. Then again, they are off to the storage locker. It can be priceless entertainment which can bring a smile to you face.

Terry

Quad 300 x2
Normous

Post by Normous »

They are remorseless eating machines and funny to watch. Red squirrels seen just as busy, if not more. I guess you would have a huge appetite with all those calories burned.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Grizzly Adam

Re: How does the chipmunk effect you while on stand?

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Moxie wrote:How does the chipmunk effect you while on stand?
It doesn't!

There are no chipmunks in this part of Eastern Carolina. :D

More's the pity. I kind of like the little fellows.
Grizz
cousneddy

Post by cousneddy »

They irritate me to no end! They will sound like a deer a long way off when they are right under me. They alarm cry at every slight movement I make. And they keep the hawks busy also!
wabi

Post by wabi »

Had 5 gray squirrels and 2 chipmunks at the feeder this morning. The chipmunks would zoom through while the squirrels were eating and cause total panic. At least it's entertainment when there's no deer activity. :roll:
wabi
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

I have a love hate relationship with them. I love watching them and hate it when they convince me a deer is coming and my eyes are to the point of bleeding to find it. And when your convince the other way when you have a deer coming and think its a squirrel. It passes the time.
bull_dogg

Post by bull_dogg »

I had one climb up my stand jump on my shoulder. And then walk down my stand and sit on the foot rail of my crossbow lol. I just prayed that a deer didnt walk out.

Nate
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I find them quite amusing with their dashing & busy all the time. Enjoyment is what they bring into my life & smiles. Its the same with all the peckerwoods now, i enjoy them.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

I enjoy them. We have more Squirrels here though. At the beginning of the Season they would bark and Harass me but as the season wore on, they became my friends and would come in the same tree with me only a few feet away.

I always enjoy seeing other wildlife while out in the Woods.