Uncocking my exomax

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sidewinder

Uncocking my exomax

Post by sidewinder »

Some help please. How do you uncock these bows using the cocking aid. I cant shoot my target at night. I have tried to uncock it but i need two hands on the handles leaving no way to pull the trigger.

Sidewinder
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

attach the cocking aid at the top pulling the right side or left ,which ever is dominant, to full length. You will have the largest amount on the dominant side and pull tight , remember foot in stirrup. With the tight cocking aid and with your free hand take safety off and pull trigger felling the tension on the cocking aid and slowwly lower aid and string. If you don't have the DVD go to the home page for Excaliber and look-up the Instruction video section for the video demonstration.
Exomax
GT II Lazer arrows
125gr expandables
White Tiger 2" Blazer vanes
Chartruese Custom Boo string
Stricknine Expandables
Dabbling with Trad 55#
Mathews Q2 60-70#
Beman arrows
prossbow

Post by prossbow »

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/demo/l ... gory_id=47 in the list there is a video on the cocking aid, the last 1/3 of it is un-cocking using the rope cocking aid.

Cheers.
Husband of one, Father of two, Brother of three, Friend of many.

2017 Micro Suppressor
2009 Vortex
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I'd like to see the look on your face when you read the 'one hand' part. It took me a few months to work up the nerve to try this w/ my Emax.

I was totally amazed at the difference in effort between uncocking and cocking. That rope slipping in the groove eats up a lot of the stored energy.

Just double check your hooks and pull up hard on the one handle prior to tripping the trigger. Then smile, life just got simpler. :D :D :D
"Eze 18:21"
ghglenn

Post by ghglenn »

I think you will find it quite simple. The leverage you have using the cocking-aid helps tremendously. I can't imagine having to uncock it without it...that would make me nervous.
jaclark

Post by jaclark »

awshucks got it right, I watched the video and was skeptical too but after trying it I couldnt believe how easy it was, only way to uncock for me after a trip to the woods
perrysbirds

Post by perrysbirds »

Its very easy!
If im not out shooting deer.
Im home drinking beer!
2007 exomax
sidewinder

Post by sidewinder »

Thanks. I got the chance to watch the video and it works great. One hand is a little scary ,however it works great.
Sidewinder
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I actually tried doing my Phoenix with just a gloved hand....once!
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Island Hunter

Post by Island Hunter »

My son was showing his father-n-law how to do it with his Predator, right after he pulled the trigger, the rope broke. The pulley-hooks and handle went flying, something hit him on the side of the head, just a little red mark, he was ok. Really scared the crap out of us. The rope had broke about 6" from the handle. The CB was alright too, made a lot of noise. :shock: :shock:
(2013) MATRIX 355
Tact-Zone scope
18" Diablo's
150gr Boltcutters
Danny's Flemish String
Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers
(2009) EXOMAX 350
Varizone Scope
20" Fire Bolts
150gr Boltcutters
Ground Pounder Mount
Boo Strings
STS
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

To uncock my Exomax I pad my left hand with my coat sleeve or part of my bow case. Then I hold back on the string with my left hand as close to the riser as possible, and then pull the trigger with my right index finger.

It's not a perfect balancing of forces on both limbs, but it sure saves a lot of bother. If you are doing it only once a day a few days each year I don't figure it's a big deal.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

i don't want to step on any toes but make sure you take the arrow/bolt out before....i'm not in that club...but often wonder if there are any members

[quote="N8tr Boy"]attach the cocking aid at the top pulling the right side or left ,which ever is dominant, to full length. You will have the largest amount on the dominant side and pull tight , remember foot in stirrup. With the tight cocking aid and with your free hand take safety off and pull trigger felling the tension on the cocking aid and slowwly lower aid and string. If you don't have the DVD go to the home page for Excaliber and look-up the Instruction video section for the video demonstration.[/quote]
fdegurse

Post by fdegurse »

use the cocking aid when indoors,

out in the field,.. I shoot a field tipped bolt with bad fletchings into the dirt at a target to see if I'm still dialed in. Someday I'm going to put a blunt in my pocket to start shooting the squirrels all around me. but anyways...

Shooting it off is a lot quicker and I feel like I actually got one shot in...sort of..LOL
Frank and a 2005 Exomax
ranger66

Post by ranger66 »

[quote="warningshot"]i don't want to step on any toes but make sure you take the arrow/bolt out before....i'm not in that club...but often wonder if there are any members

I don't even want to think about that experience again it was real scary with my exomax and ended up with a hole in my boot but not my foot, good thing the wife was with me that day or I would have a alteast lost a toe or two from the broadhead. She had to take the arrow out of the crossbow cause I was losing my grip on the string.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I think the exomax and the equinox are the only ones you can do that with, the other bows the arrow sticks out far enough that you would kick the arrow as you slid your foot into the stirup
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-