Is it just me.............

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mike P

Is it just me.............

Post by Mike P »

Is it just me, or does it seem like there are more really good bucks being harvested and shown here on the forum versus past years? Seldom does a week go by without a forum member cashing in on a great buck with really impressive headgear.

Is it just me, or is there a vast improvement in the quality of the stories associated with successful harvests submitted by our forum members. I think there has been some carryover from the photo contest that has favorably affected the written descriptions of the hunts our forum members share with us.

Is it just me, or are there more females active here on the forum. Why some have even formed a team to compete in the deer contest. I, like many of you, actually lost my sight for several minutes earlier this year when a picture was submitted here on the forum showing a pink crossbow case. And the cruelest cut of all, the Swede has my Phoenix and my favorite climber and won't give them back. Is all this just coincidence? I think not! I will be consulting in the near future with those resident "conspiracy expert" forum members who dwell down there in the "other topics" area. I bet they saw this coming.

Is it just me, or is it getting harder for CrazyFarmer to keep a straight face on the pictures he has taken with his harvested bucks. There seems to be this little "smirk" trying to get out of the corners of that mouth if you look at the pictures closely. Either that or he has gas. Anyway, he will be hard pressed to keep that game face in place in the future knowing that the majority of us looking at all his buck pictures will be trying to determine if he is suffering from intestinal distress.

Is it just me, or does it seem like wabi is actually a closet trophy hunter? Have you listened to the words coming out of his mouth lately? Public statements about letting young bucks "have a pass" seem to appear with some regularity as he posts pictures from the trail cam close to his ground blind. What have Kenton and FredBear done to him!

Is it just me, or is pestilence the only plague that has yet to strike Gum Neck, North Carolina this past year? Was it not a scant few months ago that some oversized hair backed gun toting preacher was complaining about the beans in the field keeling over from a draught? And now we hear of rains of such proportions that this man of the cloth defies religious traditions and attempts to build bridges versus arks! Are grasshoppers just over the horizon?

Is it just me, or does awshucks seem to shoot all kinds of things (think vehicles) with the exception of whitetail deer? Was I the only one who was appalled to read that this man has fallen so far that he now shoots turkeys with high powered firearms while they are hung via a cord barely twenty-five yards in front of him? Sure we have cut this member a lot of slack in the past due to his environment (think Arkansas) but has he now totally crossed the line?

Is it just me, or have you noticed that I now post ridiculous stuff like that above as I can no longer chase big whitetail bucks in Ohio. Lesson learned. I will not harvest a buck until December or January next year. I don't care if a Milo Hansen look alike buck comes under my tree in early season, he is going to walk.

Is it just me?
mikej

Re: Is it just me.............

Post by mikej »

Mike P wrote:I don't care if a Milo Hansen look alike buck comes under my tree in early season, he is going to walk.

Is it just me?
now that is a statement i find very hard to believe . :lol: :lol: enjoy your free time mike and keep the posts coming
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Maybe it is you, think about all the things that have been in yer mind.You have been pondering this stuff too long. :lol: I may just pass up Bucks under 6 pts the rest of this yr. & keep that up til i no longer Hunt !
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Tom

Re: Is it just me.............

Post by Tom »

Mike P wrote:..................
Is it just me, or does awshucks seem to shoot all kinds of things (think vehicles) with the exception of whitetail deer? .....................

Is it just me?
I thought that shooting vehicles was the norm in Arkansas. Well I think that was how Awshucks stated his reason ....... :lol: :lol: :lol: ...... I also think that was the reason BOO hid his truck out of view when the bows were out :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the chuckle :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Good read, Mike. I've noticed some of the same observations you made. If the 4 whlr lasts as long as the story, I'll be a happy camper. :D

Tom: How come you guys never mention the 30 yd shot w/ Boo's compound?
I can understand your reluctance to get into the 3-D match as y'all got yer azzes whupped, lol.
"Eze 18:21"
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

Mike P this could be your fault!! :wink: but really with all the good info on this forum and the equipment we use it makes us all better hunters.The nice bucks just keep on falling!
The best things in life are not things!!
Bow Life

Post by Bow Life »

I too have actually been noticing more and more impressive deer and stories to go a long with them.

But I have also noticed an increase in the quality of the deer in our area.
Mike

Excalibur Exocet
Drop Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser 2 Graphite Bolts
100 Wasp BroadHeads

Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I noticed!!! Personally the last three bucks I have taken have gotten progressively larger. It could be that I am learning more each year. Maybe the same is true for the others on the forum.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
LondonDave

Post by LondonDave »

Andy Rooney is that you? I didn't know you were a member of the Excalibur family. :D
2007 Exomax
String by "Boo"
Bolts by "GREYWOLF" and "John"
Dan Miller quiver mount
Varizone Scope
Butler Creek and Excalibur scope caps
saxman

Post by saxman »

It's not just you
I have noticed an increase in the quality(I use that word for lack of a better one) of deer AND the pictures taken.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
huntone

Post by huntone »

I think it is just you......Wishful thinking :P :lol:

I looked at the pics from last years contest and yes......so far the

ones from this year are better. 8)

I know I'm weird, but I sometimes am just as impressed with some

of the pictures than I am of their deer......and theres some BIG

deer to.
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount
hetichunter

Post by hetichunter »

The other forums i hang out at are pretty much the same as last year with the bucks killed. But the bucks here have been better then last year i think.
If it isn't hectic, it isn't hunting!
wabi

Post by wabi »

Is it just me, or does it seem like wabi is actually a closet trophy hunter? Have you listened to the words coming out of his mouth lately? Public statements about letting young bucks "have a pass" seem to appear with some regularity as he posts pictures from the trail cam close to his ground blind. What have Kenton and FredBear done to him!
It seems to be true for this season at least. :oops: :lol:
Odd thing is that with the new trail cam I'm seeing an unusual trend this year. More bucks than does, and a wide variety of bucks!
In October I had the same does hitting the feeder almost every night at the same time and though it's rough to positively identify them as repeat visitors I'd guess the (easily identified individuals) bucks are outnumbering the does slightly (around 7 bucks:5 does). With those numbers & variety it makes it a little easier to pass the small ones. Plus with the advantage of already having enough meat to survive the winter in comfort I can be even more selective. :lol: Last season a small 6 point made the mistake of giving me a shot when the freezer was empty and I filled the tag without a second thought. :wink:
wabi
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Mike what happened on that Doe hunt with you and the Misses? I thought that would keep you busy for at least a couple of Hours :lol:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

dick195252 wrote:Mike what happened on that Doe hunt with you and the Misses? I thought that would keep you busy for at least a couple of Hours :lol:
We can pretty much kill a doe at will dick. No reason to kill one yet. I will wait for the temp to drop where I can hang the deer for a few days.

I cannot remember any hunt that I was on or that Annie was on that at least one doe did not present a shot under twenty-five yards. There are fifteen to thirty of them outside Beckers blind every evening so there is not much of a challenge.