Correct Brace Height

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xs109c2

Correct Brace Height

Post by xs109c2 »

Where should you string fall on the rail in relationship to the two lines that are marked. This is after the break in period of your string?????????????
Excaliber Exocet & Relayer25
Ten Point Phantom
frisky

Post by frisky »

Between the lines. Some like 1 1/8 inch from the riser/rail junction to the string.
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
michiganman

boo strings

Post by michiganman »

i shot my boo string 1/3 down from top line after break in. worked very well,and boo also mentioned that to me
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Throphy Ridge advisory staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado
Island Hunter

Post by Island Hunter »

Most people set it, a string width from the furthest mark from the riser. You can play with it back and forth, to see how you CB shoots. Closest to the riser, low, might give you a faster shot, where furthest from the riser, high, might give you a smoother shot. It's pretty much up to you. Anywhere in between is good, like I said most people set it a string width from the high mark. I have just learned this from Boo, He is on this forum. He has his own web site, he makes strings and such, he has a lot of knowledge about what makes these things tick. So if you need more help with this, find him in the forum, and PM him. Hope this helps, welcome to the forum. good luck. :D

Is that right Boo. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Island Hunter on Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(2013) MATRIX 355
Tact-Zone scope
18" Diablo's
150gr Boltcutters
Danny's Flemish String
Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers
(2009) EXOMAX 350
Varizone Scope
20" Fire Bolts
150gr Boltcutters
Ground Pounder Mount
Boo Strings
STS
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I like to keep mine 1 1/8" from riser joint.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Brace height is a trial and error thing, there are pros and cons to moving your string up and down the rail. The closer to the limbs the string sits at rest the faster your arrow will travel due to the increased power stroke. There are down side too though, you risk slapping the string off the riser making excessive noise and premature wear on the string and bow.
Going too far in the other direction can cause the limbs to stop too abruptly, limiting speed and causing a new noise.
Lots of guys like to keep their string 1 1/8" from the riser, as seen in the picture.
It is important that once you find a spot that you and your bow can agree on that you maintain that spot. For hunting the difference is minimal, but as the string begins to creep/stretch it will gradually increase in speed, and in turn raise the point of impact of your arrow.

If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Canabow

Post by Canabow »

It is important that once you find a spot that you and your bow can agree on that you maintain that spot.
I agree with Pydpiper. My bow and I agree that we have not seen any animals that I could legally shoot this hunting season.
Equinox
FF String
Cheekpiece