???groundpounder mount

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

deer jamie

???groundpounder mount

Post by deer jamie »

i recently purchased a groundpounder mount . I am happy with wear my quiver is now but iam finding loading and unloading my arrow very difficult, esecpicaly when i have my gloves on. On mornings when you could hear a fly fart :lol: being quit is key to a sucesful hunt. Numerous times now when loading my arrow i find myself tapping my broad head or arrow off the two posts of the groundpounder mount not a sound you wana hear, any one else incounter this issue. Also people who have one of theses do you load your arrow from the end or from the side?? :?
exomax
verizone
sts string
groundpounder
firebolts
bolt cutter
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

I wrapped the posts with camo moleskin - that takes care of any sound issues with arrows clinking off the poles. I load from the side. The GP mount does make it a little more difficult to load quietly with gloves on but I find it's well worth it. I highly recommend the GP mount and top mounting in general. :lol:
2008 Phoenix w/ Varizone Scope
FFF String (Boo string wannabee)
Groundpounder Mount
Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout RF
NAP 125g Spitfires
Firebolts and 2216s
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

With any crossbow, attaching a quiver is always going to be a compromise. All mounts are going to have their pros and cons.

Personally, I prefer to remove my quiver when I'm in my stand. While getting to my stand, I find that by slinging my cocked bow over my right shoulder, I have no problem using the standard factory Excalibur mount.

I suppose the one with the quick detach feature would even be better, but I feel I don't need it.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
korey99

Post by korey99 »

I load mine from the side, broadhead through the posts first, then put the bolt in the rail, and slide it back with my thumb. I never really thought of it as an inconvenience, and quite honestly I've had the GP for so long that I don't know what it's like to load my Xbow any other way!

I too, take mine off while in the stand. Personal preference, but I'd rather not have it on (bulky).

Korey
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

I pass the tip of the bolt through the posts to load. Once you've done it for a while its the norm. I also remove my quiver when I get to my hunting location.
ComfyBear Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:25 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With any crossbow, attaching a quiver is always going to be a compromise. All mounts are going to have their pros and cons.

Personally, I prefer to remove my quiver when I'm in my stand. While getting to my stand, I find that by slinging my cocked bow over my right shoulder, I have no problem using the standard factory Excalibur mount.
I was steered away from slinging a cocked crossbow. I use to when I first got it but will not do that anymore.
Why ride when you can walk!
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

I don't seem to have that problem with mine.

dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

That is TOOOOOOOOO Funny Mike :lol: :lol:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
AHBH

groundpounder

Post by AHBH »

:D With Mike's way of mounting he will definately not get his fingers in the path of the string :lol:
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I load mine from the side. Put it through the posts and then in the rail and slide it back. Can be a pain but as other have so elegantly said, there are pros and cons to all of them. Pick the one that suits you best. Munch makes posts out of some sort of spaceage plastic material that is another option but wraping it in camo tape idea I like. Personally I just take my time loading as I always load it as the bow could possible go off. In other words I never put my fingers in the way of the string.
munch

Post by munch »

wheelie wrote:I load mine from the side. Put it through the posts and then in the rail and slide it back. Can be a pain but as other have so elegantly said, there are pros and cons to all of them. Pick the one that suits you best. Munch makes posts out of some sort of spaceage plastic material that is another option but wraping it in camo tape idea I like. Personally I just take my time loading as I always load it as the bow could possible go off. In other words I never put my fingers in the way of the string.
the post i make for the lite and y style are made from delron nylon witch is used a lot in tool and dye shops i have been told it should help absorb sound and shock .i still use alun. on the deluxe .all my posts are 5/8" so you do have a little more space between the post(only min.)i also bend the tip of the arrow retaining spring up a little with needle nose pliers to help arrows slide in better
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook