Hunting accident(not good)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Hunting accident(not good)

Post by crazyfarmer »

im not sure if it was posted but in Va yesterday someone was hunting near a college campus. They werent on the campus since thats not legal, but they were hunting the bordering woods for deer with a rifle.

Well a group of 3 college students took a shortcut through the woods off the campus for some science class research I believe. The hunter heard them walking and fired. The young lady was struck in the head or chest(dont know the details but at this point does it matter). She was killed. One of the 2 other men were struck in the hand. The hunter wasnt a youg kid but from what I heard someone in his 40's maybe?

some of the Va guys probably can post a link to the story...

Words cant explain why someone would shoot at a moving twig or sound with a RIFLE. Its no accident about that. I cant beleieve he fired more than one shot either. My prayers go out to the parents and friends of all involved.
huntone

Post by huntone »

Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount
gogo

Post by gogo »

I read the article, this was not a hunting accident it was a criminal act right from the start. Our hearts and prayers go out to the families. As for the shooter I hope he gets the maximun penalty.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Some folks just plain get too much ego invested in 'gettin' my deer,' at the expense of safety and even common sense. How do you shoot at something without identifying exactly where you're aiming AFTER identifying WHAT you're aiming at? Earlier this year a father who was TURKEY HUNTING (also trespassing) shot and killed his 12 year old son who was coming to be with him. Just last week a buck ran into the side of a car and was killed, but a bullet shattered the windshield at the same time; fortunately neither the woman of her grandson in the car were injured. How do you hunt that close to an improved road without considering the danger?
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Unbelievable this still happens.With all the education out there for hunters this kind of thing should never happen.
I hope the fullest extent of the law is used.

I feel for the family of this girl they have had something dear to them snatched away by stupidity.
Tenpoint Matrix
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

This guy has a criminal record and been busted for sneaking where he shouldn't be hunting before, Hang him

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

This is really terrible news. I dont understand how anyone can fire a shot without knowing 110% what the !&*@! their aiming at. I will agree with L&B here, no mercy.
They said "hunting accident" in the report. That should be changed.

My thoughts are with the families of these poor souls.
Last edited by one shot scott on Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
prossbow

Post by prossbow »

simply terrible.
Husband of one, Father of two, Brother of three, Friend of many.

2017 Micro Suppressor
2009 Vortex
Island Hunter

Post by Island Hunter »

I don't think that stupidity is a strong enough word for this idiot. I was on a WMA hunting once, we got back to the camp ground and I when over to talk with a guy that was camping next to us. When I asked if he had seen anything, he said he had gotten off a bush shot. I asked what was a bush shot, he said that he heard a noise in a bush and shot it, but he didn't get anything. I asked where are you hunting at, because I didn't want to be anywhere around him. this was years ago, and it's sad to see that there are still idiots out there doing this, unreal. Well my condolences go out to everyone involved, this is certainly a tragedy. PS, I hope this idiot rots in jail.
(2013) MATRIX 355
Tact-Zone scope
18" Diablo's
150gr Boltcutters
Danny's Flemish String
Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers
(2009) EXOMAX 350
Varizone Scope
20" Fire Bolts
150gr Boltcutters
Ground Pounder Mount
Boo Strings
STS
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Our thoughts and prayers go out to this young lady's family. I can't even imagine how devistating that this must be for them. As far as the shooter; :evil: :evil: :evil: , I don't think that I'll comment on what I think of him.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Canabow

Post by Canabow »

My thoughts and prayers for the familys involved. Hope the throw the full weight of the law at this idiot.
Equinox
FF String
Cheekpiece
old fart jim

Post by old fart jim »

gogo wrote:I read the article, this was not a hunting accident it was a criminal act right from the start. Our hearts and prayers go out to the families. As for the shooter I hope he gets the maximun penalty.
I agree, no such thing as a hunting accident. the hunter is in control of his wepon and shooting at something is a deliberate act. charges should be manslaughter at the minimum :x
time in the woods is time well spent
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Not an accident. It was a stupid willful and calculated act. Very tragic and completely avoidable.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

:?: :? :( :cry:
Grizz
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

Unbelievable. This was not and can not be blamed on a hunter or hunting. this was a criminal taking advantage of an opportunity. This guy should be locked up for life but will probably be out, like the rest, in no time. Put a couple hunters on the jury.