not hunting but it is a deer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

roland

not hunting but it is a deer

Post by roland »

Image Her is a picture of a fawn a friend sent me . When they first saw it ,it was in there back yard playing with there little dog. He could almost put his hand on it. Not bad for a wild deer.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

When I was a child there were two occasions when my brothers and I adopted and raised abandoned fawns. One was a doe and one was a buck. And both times (we were slow learners) it turned out to be a bad idea.

In the beginning they were pretty docile. But just their natural inherent traits proved not only to be a pain in the rear, but at times, an invitation for injury.

They would both get into everything, my mom and dad tolerated that. But when they would stand on their rear legs and lash out with those front hooves even in play it could send you to the local sawbones for some stitches. The little buck could get very aggressive with those little nubbins he sported his first season. And he an uncanny ability to target your crotch. We always thought that hilarious when one of the brothers took one to the groin. It was never all that funny when the little sob did it to you.

My oldest brother and my Dad loaded them in a cattle trailer and took them way out in no mans land and released them. And I believed that story for many years.

I found out when I was much older that both of them really ended up on the dinner table.
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

kinda sad ....no fear of humans ...just not right
fdegurse

Post by fdegurse »

He needs a knife or a spear and to think I need camo and a few hundred bucks of gear???..!!
Frank and a 2005 Exomax
gogo

Post by gogo »

I think thats neat getting that close to a fawn, nice picture.
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

Seems to me I remmember seeing some pictures earlier this year of a 3D shoot where Vixchic and several others had a fawn following them around like the family dog.
Czy Horse

Post by Czy Horse »

warningshot wrote:kinda sad ....no fear of humans ...just not right
http://www.snotr.com/video/2772
2009 - Excalibur Exocet 200 c/w Boo String
1988 - Excalibur Wolverine c/w Boo String