8pt Albino Buck chases Doe under Tree Stand

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TNXBow

8pt Albino Buck chases Doe under Tree Stand

Post by TNXBow »

I have no pictures to back up my story, but I will share my experience none the less. Last Saturday morning was one I will never forget. The rut is in high gear in Tennessee. I had three bucks come by my stand, an 8pt, 10pt and Albino 8pt. The Albino 8PT was following about 5 yards behind a doe. In Tennessee, it is illegal to shoot any Albino deer. The doe and Albino buck literally walked directly under my stand and looped around my tree and went back in the same direction.
The 8pt rack was normal color, but the rest of the buck was completely white, but had a light brown tint on its forehead. I suspect it was tree bark dust from rubbing a tree. 3 years ago in this area, I had a saw an Albino doe from about 80 to 100 yards away. I did not have a camera with me at that time, but will have one with me for the rest of the season in case it come by again.

I was wondering how many have seen an Albino buck or doe up close what your experience was? Best of luck on the rest of your season!
Adam

Post by Adam »

I have never seen an albino deer but have seen a small albino child, a raccoon, and a mink.

That deer sure must have been temtping to take.
fuel80guy

Post by fuel80guy »

If the deer you saw had any brown/grey on it then it would be classified as a piebald deer.
I believe albinos have pink noses,eyes and hooves.
TNXBow

Post by TNXBow »

This deer had pink eyes and was completely white except for the antlers, which where normal. The brown tint on the forehead was dust from rubbing a tree. The deer was 20 ft below me when it walked by the base of the tree that I was in with my climbing stand.
fuel80guy

Post by fuel80guy »

There you go then you do have an albino deer,,,id love to see one.
Grizzly Adam

Re: 8pt Albino Buck chases Doe under Tree Stand

Post by Grizzly Adam »

TNXBow wrote:I have no pictures to back up my story,
Well, then, we're not going to believe you! :P :lol: :wink:

Just kidding, man! :D :wink:

Cool experience, for sure. 8)
Grizz