A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Post by Boo »

I'll be honest..... At no time is it appropriate to post a picture of a little girl appearing to give oral sex to an adult. It does not matter what section it was put into it is just plain wrong!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

And you and I had a discussion about that Don if you will recall and agreed to disagree. I gave the matter no more thought after our discussion and was under the impression that we were able to discuss it in a civil manner and left it at that.

Resurrecting the subject and trying to connect it to the posting of hunting pictures in the crossbow hunting section and how they are perceived by the non-hunting public is only to serve another agenda. We both know this.

Perhaps a greater good is served here if this topic brought you back to the forum from your self imposed absence.
Big John

v

Post by Big John »

AGREED. That was most inapropriate. And unfortunately one example of you cant take it back once you hit submit. We must also remember there is no one here who is better than anyone else. We are all Members and share a Forum equally. We work together and make it right. This is a Family Forum, and should be treated that way. In any post, on any topic, anywhere on this Forum. Least I think so anyway. :wink:
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

John wrote:AGREED. That was most inapropriate. And unfortunately one example of you cant take it back once you hit submit.
Of course it was. Had I the chance to do it over again the submit button would never have been hit.

But let us not lose sight here of why this past inappropriate action on my part is being brought up here in this thread. It has nothing to do with the posting of pictures showing blood and guts and how these might affect the non-hunting public which of course was the subject of the thread.

The purpose of bringing this up again is to discredit me, that should be obvious to all. It is saying "you sure talk a good game about what is appropriate to post in the way of pictures but look what you did." It does nothing to further the subject of what is good or what is bad in the way we should photograph the game we have killed. It is strictly presented to put me in my place and knock me off my "high horse" regarding the position I have taken about photo presentations.

I am a big boy. I can take my "whacks." When you have been on this forum as long as I have and have posted as much as I have you are bound to rub some people the wrong way. It comes with the turf. I expect it. That I am a professed trophy hunter also adds fuel to the fire. Agree with me or disagree, I respect your right to do so.

One might even go so far as to say I am disreputable, lol.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Mike P wrote: That I am a professed trophy hunter also adds fuel to the fire.
It seems to me that the "meat hunters" and "trophy hunters" on this forum get on very well indeed compared to those on many groups.

You've told us you see to it that the meat is put to good use, and I think that's all that is expected of "trophy" hunters. I'm not a trophy hunter, but sometimes I kill deer and give them away ... I did recently.

If you're not wasting the animals, why should anyone care what deer you kill, or what you do with them?

I didn't even know about that inappropriate picture. I never have frequented the "Other Topics" forum. Glad I missed it.
Grizz
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
"Eze 18:21"
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

The reason I hunt whitetail's ...

" When I was young , one killed my brother ! "

Had it in for them ever since ! :lol:
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

Mike P wrote: Posting pictures that John and Jane might find distasteful is up to you. Doing so and crowing that you don't care what anyone thinks is your right.

Does it further the interests of the entire hunting population as a group when you do so? Of course it does not. Quite the opposite, it hurts the entire hunting population.
Well said, MikeP. Thanks :)
Limbs and Bolts wrote:Where is there any kind of respect? You just took somethings life, and then we are going to eat it, I don't give a damn what the anti's think or do it shouldn't effect any of us as hunters as long as were with in the law.

Wes
I have no respect for cockroaches. But I have every respect for the animals that I hunt.

When I kill a deer, I’ve done a serious thing. What I do next (photos, field dressing, handling, butchering and eating) and how I do it is as important to me as everything that led up to the kill. It is my responsibility as a hunter.

Yes we must obey the law, but laws and regulations are only minimum standards of behaviour for maintaining a civil society. We all know people who are not lawbreakers but who are total jerks. Respect, decency and courtesy cannot be legislated; they come from within ourselves.
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

ninepointer wrote: I have every respect for the animals that I hunt.

Yes we must obey the law, but laws and regulations are only minimum standards of behaviour for maintaining a civil society.

Respect, decency and courtesy cannot be legislated; they come from within ourselves.
Amen
Amen
Amen
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

I believe I started this subject last year so all I will say is "if a picture is worth a thousand words".....What are "they" thinking of these photos?
jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

What ninepointer said , x 2 !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
huntone

Post by huntone »

I love photography and have been taking pictures since my father put that first “ brownie” in my hand when
I was five years old. So let me start by saying that to me photography is an art. It is very personal thing for me when I use my camera to tell a personal story and do it in a way that sometimes only I can understand. Art is one aspect of photography among many others.

Another “aspect” is photojournalism, now that is what most would use to express themselves when they post pictures of their kills, “ harvests”, with a little story to go along with them. As a example, the
photograph that comes to mind is the photo by Joe Rosenthal of the Marines raising the flag on Mt. Suribachi, on Iwo Jima. I would make a guess that some critics could find a hundred technical things wrong with that picture, but we know good and well what that picture says………don’t we. In the same way, we will have our critics whether they are anti-hunters, non-hunters or hunters. Heck No, I am not offended by any picture someone wants to post of their kill, but on the other hand, some may not want to see the realistic details of a hunt, as some may not want to see what really happened to the Marines on Iwo Jima.

I appreciate seeing “some” of the details of our hunts in our pictures. I don’t want my pictures included in the “photo contest” so I try to make them as realistic as I can without offending anyone. I’ll leave the tongue hanging out or some little something.

I hope that if I post a picture that offends someone that they PM me and we can discuss it, rather than them publicly criticizing me on this forum.
Last edited by huntone on Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Amen Dale!!!!!!

I hope that if I post a picture that offends someone that they PM me and we can discuss it, rather than them publicly criticizing me on this forum.

What bothers me is that a man or woman comes on here excited to share the fact that they had a successful hunt and had killed a deer and while most of us join in the celebration of the hunter's good fortune, seem to look for something to bust their chops on. " his tongue is hanging out", "there's blood in the picture" and he would have been a nice one in a few years". Folks, if you feel that you just "have" to ruin someones good fortune, please send them a pm. Don't spoil their moment that they came here to share with "the family. I'll tell ya, I've seen some posts here in the last few days that were totally uncalled for and some were down right cheap shots :( . I'm also seeing more trash talking within the entire hunting community. There are bowhunters against gun hunters and vise versa. Come on, we're better than that and y'all know it. I have no idea where all of this animosity came from but let's get it behind us and enjoy one another's friendship like we always have. :D . Just to remind y'all, I am thin skinned so if you feel the need to "fire" upon me for posting this, please send me a PM.
Last edited by raydaughety on Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
huntone

Post by huntone »

raydaughety wrote:Amen Dale!!!!!!

What bothers me is that I man or woman comes on here excited to share the fact that they had a successful hunt and had killed a deer and while most of us join in the celebration of the hunter's good fortune, seem to look for something to bust their chops on. " his tongue is hanging out", "there's blood in the picture" and he would have been a nice one in a few years". Folks, if you feel that you just "have" to ruin someones good fortune, please send them a pm. Don't spoil their moment that they came here to share with "the family. I'll tell ya, I've seen some posts here in the last few days that were totally uncalled for and some were down right cheap shots :( . I'm also seeing more trash talking within the entire hunting community. There are bowhunters against gun hunters and vise versa. Come on, we're better than that and y'all know it. I have no idea where all of this animosity came from but let's get it behind us and enjoy one another's friendship like we always have. :D . Just to remind y'all, I am thin skinned so if you feel the need to "fire" upon me for posting this, please send me a PM.
And a AMEN to you to Ray!!!!!!!!!!
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Ray wrote:I have no idea where all of this animosity came from but let's get it behind us and enjoy one another's friendship like we always have.
Well said Ray. Otherwise how can we brag that this is the best forum. :wink:

I'd also like to add, let us not be pompous, let us not be quick to judge.

Instead, let us look within ourselves and ask, "Am I without sin, and thus worthy of passing judgment on others while overlooking my own shortcomings."

The reality of being human is that, like it or not, we all live in "Glass Houses" So let us not cast stones. :roll:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.