Moultrie trail camera ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbhntr

Moultrie trail camera ?

Post by xbhntr »

At what battery life % should you change the batteries? If the battery life is low, would this result in a back end of the deer shot? Ray.
prossbow

Post by prossbow »

I have the d40 as well, i find it works fine to 20% but then it won't even wake up. I had panasonic batteries (supposedly heavy duty) they sucked and lasted a week. The duracells have been going on 3 weeks now and it just hit 65% so it should last me the next 2 weeks which is the end of the season for me.
Husband of one, Father of two, Brother of three, Friend of many.

2017 Micro Suppressor
2009 Vortex
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

What your describing pertains more to trigger speed and and the width of your motion sensor beam. Like said above, change the angle on the trail to keep your target in the frame longer. I have an I40 and it is the same. I keep bait in front of mine to keep the critters there longer. I cant hunt anywhere near it though as it is illegal to bait here. I just want to see what is out there.
I get excellent battery life with about 8000 to 10000 pictures per battery change.

My buddy has 2 D40's and gets about 4000 to 5000 per battery change.

The D40's are nice because of the color nightime pictures but the thieves would see mine so I had to go Infared.