problems w/ firebolts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bullfood

problems w/ firebolts

Post by bullfood »

Out yesterday to do a bit of practice w/exocet . I always use 2 bolts w/broadheads to aim in. Both bolts have Luminoc which seems to work some of the time. I tend to turn on the light as I load into crossbow.

1st shot high @ 50, 2nd shot same so I change speed on scope. Next 2 shots fine @ 50. I move into 30 and 1st is fine , 2nd 2"" right. As I pull the bolt out the broadhead W/mount stays in Yellow Jacket target. Never happened before. I dig it out and change to another bolt. Same problem. This happens 3 x and now I have only 2 bolts to hunt with.

Also the poi is never closer than 2". I never shoot more than 1 bolt @ same bullseye as I don't like hitting the 1st bolt. This is new to me.

Anyone have poi problems w/Luminoc or Excalibur Firebolts wboltcutter 150?

As for the tips sticking in target, can I get new inserts for the bolts or should I change to another type of bolt?
Fred

Post by Fred »

2219's will solve the problem why everyone has jumped on the carbon bandwagon is a mystery to me luminocks are almost foolproof in al. arrows there isn't any problem changing inserts and you can get parts about anywhere they are either straight or bent no cracking splitting off etc.