Best place for bolts...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mfh

Best place for bolts...

Post by mfh »

I need some bolts - anyone know of any good deals out there right now? Made it four years with the original six (had to re-fletch a couple) but I am down to three...so I need to spend the cash and get some more.

Thanks,
Matt
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

John and Crazyfarmer are members that make some great arrows. I have also got some great deals on Ebay.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

Most hardware stores, Ranch Supply Stores and Auto parts Stores sell all kinds and size bolts.

Arrows can be bought from a few people on this forum that custom make arrows to your color pattern and size.
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
mfh

Post by mfh »

Thanks....been looking on ebay without luck thus far.

OK - arrows...bolts...custom ones would be nice, but function at lowest cost is what I am looking for...indeed there are a great deal of custom items from this group. Would certainly take custom arrows - if they wre at generic costs.
diesel

Post by diesel »

I buy mine with out fletching at Bow hunters Super Store and fletch my own.
They come with brass inserts and Flat nocks.
wabi

Post by wabi »

DaGriz wrote:Most hardware stores, Ranch Supply Stores and Auto parts Stores sell all kinds and size bolts.

Arrows can be bought from a few people on this forum that custom make arrows to your color pattern and size.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for beating me to it! :wink:
We will eventually get people to use the word arrow. :roll:
(for those who are new to crossbows, the terminology just takes away one of the anti-crossbow crowd's arguments - "those crossbows shoot bolts, not arrows like real bows!")
A kid shooting a small bow with 20" arrows is still shooting arrows, so why shouldn't our 20" projectiles with a point and fletching be called the same?
wabi
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

There really are xbow bolts!! Here's one.
"Eze 18:21"
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

The old "lowest cost option" here is my take on this.

You spends thousands on a bow, hunting clothes hunting truck & the one critical piece that you really count on get's sacraficed due to saving a few bucks. Do yourself a favour & buy some custom bolts. Your bow & your piece of mind will thank-you.....
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
bow4it

Post by bow4it »

I do not personally know the Crazyfarmer, but I purchased a half dozen off of him for last season. I killed 6 deer last year and 3 this year with his bolts. I shoot a lot of bolts in a year at deer or targets and I do not miss. Be it at 10 yards or 40 yards. I hit my target with extreme accuracy. This is a combination of my Vortex and his bolts. I will shoot no other as long as he is a supplier. I agree that a little extra is worth the price for a custom bolt. It is well worth the price when that deer is 30 yards in front of you.
mfh

Post by mfh »

Thanks for the input - much appreciated!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

http://www.battledrumwraps.com/

Nice wraps here. Get custom made wraps. Mine were 15 dollars delivered for a dozen. a dollar more if you want them numbered
LondonDave

Post by LondonDave »

I'll give a shout out for John on the site if you're in Canada. If you're in the US probably cheaper on shipping to get them from Crazy Farmer.

I picked up 6 2216 XX75s from John a month or so ago. I put them on my grain scale and they are all within less than 1 grain of each other. Workmanship is top notch.

You'll pay a little more for custom bolts/arrows but well worth it to know they will all shoot the same.

Dave
2007 Exomax
String by "Boo"
Bolts by "GREYWOLF" and "John"
Dan Miller quiver mount
Varizone Scope
Butler Creek and Excalibur scope caps
huntman

Post by huntman »

JOHN
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

John makes some good arrows no doubt. I've stopped making them untill after Jan 2nd here since I hunt very hard and I don't want to cut my hunting time right now. Ill pick back up on orders after then;).

Whether you go with john or me I think our wrapped bolts sell for 8-9 bucks each. If you want something cheap, just get some firebolts or gold tip laser 2s factory
saxman

Post by saxman »

I can't vouch for the work of either John or CF but i can vouch for the men and that's good enough for me.
I try to buy from forum members when they offer what I'm looking for.
If you are new here take the time to look in the trading post or ask questions about the great products made by the members here.
I got all my ARROWS together and I hope to have one of these gentelmen do them all up alike.I have 30 i think.
My favorite ones were made by Greywolf,they still shoot great.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011