Speaking of ticks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Old Exocet

Speaking of ticks

Post by Old Exocet »

I've hunted for over 30 yrs and never found a tick on a deer, but this yr every deer I've seen come out of the bush has at least one. This is area 67, eastern ontario.

Anyone seeing this also.?
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

Come to the U.P. Wood ticks and deer ticks thick as thieves. But I did not think you would have ticks in Canada. I hope you don't get em like we have em. Nasty creatures.

Long
Old Exocet

Post by Old Exocet »

Thats kinda my thought longW, all of a sudden ....ticks like crazy.

Hopefully a phase........but I kinda doubt it with the generally warmer weather trend.
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

Here in Pa. it is nothing to find 50-100 crawling in the bed of your truck after transporting a deer thats been hanging for a day or two!
lscha

Post by lscha »

I have never seen a tick on a deer either (37 years) I have only hunted central lower Michigan and the thumb. Actually I never saw a tick in Marquette either but I don't hunt there, only hiking.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

there alwayse seems to be plenty of ticks around my neck of the woods, and some years are a lot worse than others. this year, here, is about average.
thanks philip
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

lscha wrote:I have never seen a tick on a deer either (37 years) I have only hunted central lower Michigan and the thumb. Actually I never saw a tick in Marquette either but I don't hunt there, only hiking.
Laura, funny thing about Michigan. Rare to find ticks south of the bridge and also rare farther north like Marquette. Guess in the Iron Mtn area we are just lucky....

Although they tend to go underground by July. Guess they don't like the hotter weather.

Long
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Well just how many of them critters would y'all like shipped to Canada ? This spring-summer-fall & even now they're every where. Every tick toter i took this year had at least 30 plus on them
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
xbhntr

ticks

Post by xbhntr »

I have had ticks in our area 89 b each year. The problem said to start in the Long Point area. If you burn wood, keep it outside til required or below freezing temperatures. Ray.
mailman1

Post by mailman1 »

try hunting out on Nantucket Island, when you look at the deer, the fur seems to move, they are loaded with ticks
roly

Post by roly »

I don't know if this story is ture, but UFC heavy weight Brock Lesner has been very sick.
Been hospitalized and not in good shape.
They are saying now it's lime disease he got from a tick bite while hunting in Canada.

I've never seen one before :shock:
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Using a permethrine base spray on your clothes will eliminate the tick problem as it kills ticks on contact. The spray on your clothing will last up to 6 weeks and thru multiple washings. I have been doing this for the last 5 seasons or so and I have had one deer tick on me and that was this year when I changed into an untreated T-shirt to rinse out the cavity of a doe I shot during the early season.

On the rare occasion that I hang a deer in the garage I spray the floor and all I see are dead ticks.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
spaerorob

Post by spaerorob »

Here in Western Australia we have ticks as bit as golf balls and if you dont get the cattle ticks of fast they can make you very sick and worse case kill you . I have scars all over me from the little buggers.
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

i earlier posted a photo of a deer with wart like growths on her face. could it be caused by these?
jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
spaerorob

Post by spaerorob »

flbuckmaster wrote:i earlier posted a photo of a deer with wart like growths on her face. could it be caused by these?
jay
We see growths on fish when where spearfishing up north western australia (of industrerial pipes) just like these id say there near or been feeding near industrial areas .Or there big ticks wich usually hit a feed on the weak , nature weed out the weak.