Taking of Does

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

nighthawk

Re: Taking of Does

Post by nighthawk »

Hey thanks for all the advice.The property owner has called in our local DNR (dept.of natural resource) officer and will ask his advice.Then we will all add our 2 cents worth,and come up with a plan. Again thanks for all the imput,this forum has been a great source of info for me. Thanks and have a merry xmas to all.
2008 Vortex 200
Vari-Zone Scope
150 grain boltcutters
radio2operate

Post by radio2operate »

Here in Pa many are not happy with the deer totals.I must agree I see fewer deer and hear much less shooting than in years past.In western Pa a buck must have at lest four points on one side to be legal.The last couple of years I have seen more and nicer bucks than I have in my 52 years of hunting. Antler restrictions have been in effect for about five years and I think it has made the difference in the amount and quality of buck sitings.
nighthawk

Post by nighthawk »

Thanks, radio2operater, now thats what i need to hear,we here on this property have seen the same thing,more bucks ,and with larger racks.Since i last posted a neighbor of nearby property said they have adopted the same game plan.That should help us out as well. I'll let you know how it goes. NIGHTHAWK
2008 Vortex 200
Vari-Zone Scope
150 grain boltcutters
flbuckmaster

Re:

Post by flbuckmaster »

Stosh wrote:I agree. This 2 week doe and buck season in Pa has ruined the hunting in my area, Hunted the first week of archery in my favorite spots and seen 1 deer. Cant get rid of the breeders.

Stan
I also agree, If you kill all the does, where are the bucks going to come from? In most public areas down here you are lucky to see a deer,yet there continues to be generous seasons on does. Leave it to the "uneducated" educated morons.
jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
vinemack

Post by vinemack »

congrats on the deer :D :D :D