HOW TO CATCH BREAKFAST (Look, Pydpiper!)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Grizzly Adam

HOW TO CATCH BREAKFAST (Look, Pydpiper!)

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Best live trap I've ever seen or used ... a Pied Piper trap :P :wink::

http://piedpipertraps.com/index.php?mai ... ucts_id=12

Works like a charm. Much tougher and better built than the other Chinese junk I looked at. Hooray for the Lone Star State!

Grizz
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Are ya gonna clean it out fer a week or 2 & eat it ?
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

In wisconsin we shoot those ugly creatures just to put them out of their misery. After I saw posssum crap tracks coming out from under our out house I have no use for them. P.U.! :P
dutchhunter

CAGE TRAP

Post by dutchhunter »

Funny thing about the cage trap is thy do not meet the human trapping standereds for us trappers to us .most animals that get in one will break there teeth and pull out there toe nails .and rub all the fur off there legs trying to get out .that is the best way to see a possom get them egge eaters DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

agingcrossbower wrote:In wisconsin we shoot those ugly creatures just to put them out of their misery. After I saw posssum crap tracks coming out from under our out house I have no use for them. P.U.! :P
Yeah ... I felt the same way when I used to see chickens tearing apart cow pies and picking through the hog-dabby to get the goodies out of them.

It really bothers me.

Every time I eat fried chicken. :P :lol:
Grizz
bluemoon

Post by bluemoon »

Very, very few critters I won't eat. Possums are one.

I've seen where they go.

Walking a pasture on my buddies family farm as a kid... cow laying there, dead a week or more in the summer sun... "hey, it's belly is moving" says friend... out comes a whole family of possums from the wrong end of the cow.

Food & shelter all in one I guess.

But it is a nice looking trap!
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

bluemoon wrote:Very, very few critters I won't eat. Possums are one.

I've seen where they go.
THE TITLE WAS A JOKE, Y'ALL! :P :roll:

For the record, I don't eat 'possums either. Mostly because Mom wouldn't cook them when I was growing up. I'll eat about anything, though, and I wouldn't necessarily have anything against eating one.

The argument that people most often use as a reason they won't ... that possums "eat dead stuff" ... isn't logical or consistent. So do chickens, hogs, bears, fish, turtles, crabs and a lot of other critters people consume with great relish and gusto.

For example: In a recent conversation with someone over a delectable platter of blue crab (famous for tearing apart drowning victims before they're recovered), I heard someone say, as they chewed a mouthful and smacked their crabby lips, how they would never eat a bear because bear eat carrion. What a riot! :P :P :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

When I was a boy, I saw chickens running in and out of beef and hog carcasses before the fertilizer trucks came many times! :D

If we're going to say we won't eat animals because they eat dead stuff (or nose around in feces), we'd better be revising our menus! :lol: :lol:
Grizz
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Come on ppl everything has its place. possum is just on the very low end, along with buzzards but they do clean-up dead things! I ain't never gotten that hungry to eat a possum
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I could have used a trap like that not long ago. We have a ton of raccoons around the neiborhood :x . They get into the trash cans and what not.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
ch312

Re: CAGE TRAP

Post by ch312 »

dutchhunter wrote:Funny thing about the cage trap is thy do not meet the human trapping standereds for us trappers to us .most animals that get in one will break there teeth and pull out there toe nails .and rub all the fur off there legs trying to get out .that is the best way to see a possom get them egge eaters DUTCH
i have been using a live trap for years to catch raccoons, possums, skunks, and cats in the backyards of friends and family. at least a dozen each of the wild critters and a few dozen cats have been caught in it. i have yet to see any of them critters cause damage to themselves as a result of being in the trap.
catcher

Post by catcher »

I use live traps under my trapping license and have never had any animals hurt them selves in them before. The worst they do is scrape up the end of there nose from pushing on the steal mesh. As long as you check your traps first thing there should be no problem with them.
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

armadillos are tough on them traps..I have one and had to beef it up a bit to hold them little tanks..they get under my deck and it drives the dogs crazy..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

I've never had anything do itself much damage in one, either ... mostly to the nose, as has been stated. :D
Grizz
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

I need one deer size :shock:
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
bluemoon

Post by bluemoon »

I know you wuz kiddin' :)

Besides, a fellow never really knows what he'll never eat 'till he' starving. Then all bets are off!