Pigs

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

saxman

Pigs

Post by saxman »

No,not the 4 legged kind but the two legged kind.
I just happened to go out to the sign in area of my lease yesterday to see if any kills were made and found a man from Rayoneire out there.
They are the pulp wood company that owns the joint.
They were doing an inspection of the property.(suprise,suprise)
Just my/our luck I had been out there a few days earlier to do some Muzzleloader shooting and left a note about some people leaving their garbage out there like,beer bottles,empty cartridges,shot shells,box's,you name it.I asked them if they could police after themselves.

So I pull up and I introduce myself to the man and give him my member number,he said,so,your the one who left the note,I said yes sir.
Thank you he said,you have possably saved your lease for next year.

What these fellas don't get is that they do not own this property or the buildings on it.
We LEASE it from the owner therefore it is OUR duty to keep the place clean and show a little respect for the landowner.
Thats just common courtesy.
These rednecks think because they paid their money they can do as they wish.
I am glad I put my name,cell phone number and member number on that note.I always do that.I don't like talking behind peoples back so if I need to leave a note I will make sure they know who left it and how to contact me.

I realize that hunting is considered recreation and after a long work week the need to let off steam is in order for some but they will ruin it for others.
I made the decision that I will go out and clean the place up,I told the inspector that if he came back next week it would be done and sinse I don't work during the day I will KEEP it clean.
I will contact the president and let him know of the meeting.

One again I have allowed myself to get upset because others don't behave the way I do.I have to stop that!!!!!!!!!
I really am not going anywhere with this just venting.I can't change them,it's sad to me because some of them hunt with their kids and they are teaching them this littering behavior that is so prevelant in this country.
I have been to other countries where the people have pride and would never litter their soil.

SO
If you hunt with pig's
Clean up after them and enjoy your hunting and let them go off as ignorant as they started.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I hear ya Scott. One of the biggest concerns of our landowner is that the Gate be kept locked at all times but some of these guys don't know the difference in locking a gate and just pulling it shut so that their lazy butt doesn't have to get out of the truck and unlock the gate. The owner changed all 9 locks on the club property last year on a friday evening, locking everyone out. When we arrived at the clubhouse he was there waiting for us. He gave a final waring that the next time that he had to change the locks, it would be permanent. What gets me is that is that on that very same day a younger member left a gate unlocked while he went to town for some lunch :shock: . He was voted out of the club the next afternoon. Didn't mean to steal your thread Scott but I just wanted you to know that we fight this same type of disrespect as well. Maybe some of your members will "man up" and help you keep it clean, as it should be. Good luck!!!!
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

I could tell you horror stories regarding some of the hunters we bring in out at the farm to shoot doe's. Most all are business associates of Becker but all of us have brought in "guests" over the years.

We provide them with everything they need, including three meals and blinds. We even retrieve their kills with the tractor and front loader. We have their meat processed for them and the sponsoring partner hand delivers all the meat.

They know bucks are strictly "taboo" and that the hunt is a "doe only" hunt. This is reviewed several times with all hunters and a sign is placed in each blind saying "If it has ANTLERS do not SHOOT!" Yet someone will shoot a buck about every other year claiming they thought it was a doe. They are never invited back and they do not get to keep the animal.

In addition, we have had two "guests" come back uninvited and attempt to take some bucks from right outside our property lines.

We also will find things come up missing in the farm house and coincidently enough, this happens all of the time after we have had a group of doe hunters there for the day.

It always amazes me how some people have no respect for others property. And some are willing to risk outstanding hunting opportunities by doing really dumb things.

Go figure, eh?
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

The world would be a wonderful place, if it weren't for the people in it! :P :lol: :wink:
Grizz
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Right on Saxman.

The area where I hunt has already been restricted with parking areas being closed due to garbage dumpers. You can take a truck load of crap to the land fill for about $10-$15 and yet, these PIGS decide to dump it on the shoulder of the road.

I actually caught a guy a few years ago dumping yard waste and shrubs at my hunting spot. When I confronted him, he actually admitted to hunting there as well. I tried to impress upon him that he and all the others that dumped their garbage were going to get the place closed to hunting. It was only yard waste, but the idiot was dumping it right in the parking lot. :shock: He could have found another spot to dispose of it, but I guess that would have been too much work.

Anyway, he appoligized and said he would take it elsewhere, so I left. I didn't beleive him, so I came back 10minutes later and he had dumped the remainder of the junk. I did get his plate and reported him to the Conservation Officers that look after the land. The said they knew the guy and he had a "history" of this. They called him up and told him to go clean up the mess or they would be delivering him a fine. It was gone the next day.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!