Rage 2 Broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelie

Rage 2 Broadheads

Post by wheelie »

Did a search and couldn't find it. Am going to try the rage 2 blade mechanicals and I thought I read that some use O-rings around the blades to to hold them down till impact. Is this correct or unnessisary? Thanks
cop614

Re: Rage 2 Broadheads

Post by cop614 »

wheelie wrote:Did a search and couldn't find it. Am going to try the rage 2 blade mechanicals and I thought I read that some use O-rings around the blades to to hold them down till impact. Is this correct or u

nnessisary? Thanks
they come with o ring in place
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Just lock them in the O-Ring and that holds them shut till impact?
Rich

Post by Rich »

Like Planter said, the o-ring "MUST" be checked everytime the bolt is loaded. The blade locking knotch will wear an indent in the o-ring and it will cause the blade to not lock in place. Other than that they are extremely deadly and expensive.

Rich
xbhntr

broadheads

Post by xbhntr »

I too has switched to Rage broadheads. Spare o rings come with it. Also a practice broadhead. I shot the practice arrow from the tree stand and at my home target; they fly better than my field point tips! Ray.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Found what I was looking for. Went to Walmart and bought 1/4 inch hair elastics to put on the front end of the rage 2 broadheads to keep them closed until inpact. Ordered some more from a member on AT that sells them for this reason.

Can't find any and want a few to try pm me with address and can send a few out to you. Really don't need 250 of them LOL
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

im not sure if I would put those on them or not. Unless you do some testing to see if they effect the opening or not.
new paradox

Post by new paradox »

i use Grim Reapper mechanical broadheads.no rubber bands to wurry about.they fly straight and make a big hole,you should try them.
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

u can get the o rings from archery shops or crappy tire or home depot ...