HELLO!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wildwindom

HELLO!!

Post by wildwindom »

Hi everybody been way to long since ive been on but im back. Been a long year to start with i was a young and stupid kid back in the day and did the worse thing ever i dropped out of school. But ive been laid off since january of this year i went back and got my diploma and i couldnt be happier!!Looking at the local college so i can get back out there and start makeing some money, got to go talk to them today about starting some classes. Dads doing ok we take it day by day. I recently had a scare to, the night before thanksgiving i had the worse stomach pain ive ever had, the next day i found i had blood in my stool and i found a lump in my upper thigh went to doctor ran all kinds of tests so far so good got to go get the dreeded colonoscopy dec 23rd still a little scared as to what they might find. Got to use the inlaws computer (thank god there my neighbor)the boy dropped a drink on the laptop and every one knows THAT DONT MIX WELL TOGETHER!! So thats another reason why i havent been on in so long no computer. I didnt let the parents know that i was going back to school for my diploma wanted to suprise them and well lets say it WORKED. I didnt really have the time or money this year to go hunting but mom and dad gave me a 50 for a graduation present ha ha im 38 but anyway i went ahead and got my liscense on monday, went to the woods the very first time this year on tuesday and told my self i didnt care what came in i was shooting( we just used are last pound of deer burger last week), so if a doe came in she was going down. Well got in the woods about 12:00 noon and was going to set till dark well at about 1:45 this crazy looking guy came in and well thats all she wrote 30 yard shot 30 yard recovery. Glad i took him out, but im sure hes past on his jeans already but not no more. And one last thing i want to give a BIG THANKS TO RAY IF IT WASNT FOR HIM SOME OF THIS WOULD OF NEVER HAPPENED!!!!!

[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
saxman

Post by saxman »

Good to hear from you again and glad your somewhat OK.
I can relate to the tough times.
That is a strange looking buck but i like him.
Congrats :D
I am praying that things improve for you.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Great to see you back.
Congrats on the Schooling and the Buck.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Congratulations on your Graduation first off!!! and now a Big Congratulations on that Buck 8)
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

congrats on yer schooling & congrats on yer nice Buck. He has lots of charactor fer sure, neat rack!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
prossbow

Post by prossbow »

Definitely and odd looking fellow.

Congrats to you on the harvest and also your education. I too went back to school as an adult. I had a lot of rehab to go through and wouldn't still be able to work for a few years due to a car accident so I decided to go back to highschool in my 20's. (talk about an eye opener) Got my grade 12 and then went to college. Aside from the circumstances leading up to it, these were the best decisions of my life.

Hope you fare as well with your health concerns.
Husband of one, Father of two, Brother of three, Friend of many.

2017 Micro Suppressor
2009 Vortex
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Congrats on the deer and on having the cojones to back to school :D You wont regret it.

F
diesel

Post by diesel »

A big congrats to you on your School and your deer.
Great to hear your Dad is doing well again.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

planter wrote: Don't worry about the colonoscopy!! It's NOT the procedure thats tough it's the dang prep..
Planter has it spot on WW. The procedure is nothing. It is all that "quality time" on the throne leading up to it that sucks.

Going back for the education is just outstanding. You are to be commended.

It is so very nice to see you post again. Don't be a stranger.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Congrats on your diploma. Others would'nt have the fire in their belly to do that. Also good luck with your health. You can go without on the lot of things but your health is priceless. Neat buck to! You did better than I did. Congrats again. :)
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Congrats on the education and the buck. That's one neat looking rack. 8)

Good luck with the testing.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Good to see ya posting again WW. Hope all goes well with your health and congrats on the deer!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Congrats on your diploma! :D

I am a GED grad myself, prior to college. Nothing wrong with that. :D

That is one cool-looking deer, in my opinion. I'd rather kill one like that than a similarly-sized normal one, any day! 8)
Grizz
frisky

Post by frisky »

Welcome back. Congrats on the deer. That rack is different, I, have some different ones also.
Like every one says, the prep work sucks.... :cry:
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I KNEW that you would come through this and it was a privilege to be a part of your success. Wow, I don't know what else to say except congratulations for having the courage to change the circumstances that were in front of you and make a"positive" out of a bad situation. I know that it wasn't easy but well worth it. I'm happy for you buddy :wink:
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray