Heads and your grouping?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

phil

Heads and your grouping?

Post by phil »

hello everyone...im newly registered to this site and have enjoyed reading all your posts...i have learned a lot!...have a question for you all...what broadheads you using and whats your grouping like at 20...and 30 yds?..looking to try some new headsout w/o going broke...im currentlyusing thunderheads 125's.[/b]
....Work To Live....Live To Hunt
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

I have shot the 125g Slick Trick Mags and the 125g NAP Spitfires (mech). Both are capable of same hole accuracy from a rest out to 40 yards from my Exocet.

Keep in mind that the arrow you put them on can make a big difference. The general wisdom is to shoot a low profile broadhead on a high FOC arrow.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I'm getting 1" groups at 40 yards with the Stricknines, the Hammerheads, and the Spitfires.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Using a Mangnus Snuffer 125 grain and 2216 / or beman ThunderBolt ( with 2 inch Blazers ) I can hit a Golf ball at 30 yards . Snuffer is gaurenteed for life .
Exomaxer

Boltcutters

Post by Exomaxer »

I use the Firebolt & Boltcutter combo, which is Excaliburs textbook set-up. I get groups so tight to 40 yds that I shoot to different spots with each shot so I don't ruin arrows. I have three practice broaheads thast have endured dozens of shots this year. The hollow-ground trocar tips are still in perfect hunting condition. the blades are dull to be sure, but the 150gr head gives the set-up a great FOC and the only change I plan to make is to re-fletch with Blazer vanes as i wear out arrows.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

BH's i have used Bear Bruin 3 blade 95 gr, Bolt cutters 150 gr, Slick Trick mag 100 gr, Montec G5 100 gr, Steelhead 100 gr & Magnus Snuffer 125 gr. All would hit a Tennis ball at 40 yds = min of deer. Some would shoot smaller groups than that.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Rich

Post by Rich »

I can split bolts at 30 yards with Wasp Boss, Muzzy 4-blade or Rage-2's. I did see a big differance in tighter groups when I switched my GT-II's to brass inserts.

Rich
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

I’m the oddball of the group. I shoot Easton powerbolt arrows and 100 grain Atom Broadheads. They weigh in at 403 grains per arrow and I can’t shoot at the same dot twice. My max range is 30 yards (personal preference) because I am using the factory fiber optic sights instead of a scope. At 20 yards their hole for hole just about and at 30 yards I’m getting about 2 inch groups. This is not bad at all considering I’m using the factory fiber optic sight.