Yesterday's Wildfowl Hunt

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Adam

Re: Yesterday's Wildfowl Hunt

Post by Adam »

I was hunting a small tributary just off the Thames, perfectly legal to hunt there and wanted to tell the neigh sayers where to go but just laughed and wished them a good day.
My kayak does have both front and back hatches, so I will look into the Nova craft options. I do beleive they are right here in london. My only concern is making the kayak top heavy and rolling it. I play it safe and wear my waders and a camo floater coat just in case. That would be a sad day drowning while trying to save your gun. I am sure it has happened to many.
swiftfox

Post by swiftfox »

Adam you have a few choices, you can get elastic cord decking with gromets or you can get net decking. Go take a look at Nova Craft, Mc Cormick Blvd. and get some ideas for your self. You seem like an inventive young man so take a look first and see if you can copy some of the ideas at the show room. You can buy deck screws and cord and install it your self. Since you have two deck hatches , after you shoot a few duck/geese find a spot where you can safely land and dump geese or duck into sealed hatch. You can paddle safely and you won't be top heavy. Please carry floating rope and extra paddle. I know it's a bit excessive but trust me you may need it one day, also buy a dry bag from MEC and carry basic change of clothes. Good luck

Swiftfox :) :)
Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the Devil says "Oh! crap She's up"
radio2operate

Post by radio2operate »

You can't beat a day like that, good shooting.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Sounds like a Great Day 8) 8)
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]