How do you like your Exomax?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Old Buddy

How do you like your Exomax?

Post by Old Buddy »

I have an opportunity at a like new exomax w/ everything for a really good price. I have used a carved tip exocet for years and thought I'd finally upgrade. I know the trajectory is flatter for a ways, but does it come at a cost of noise and possibly being harder on the string? Any opinions appreciated, thanks.
OVERKILL never fails.
MADMAX2

Re: How do you like your Exomax?

Post by MADMAX2 »

Love mine bought from a fine member of this forum only one complaint I think it is too powerfull LOL really when I practice with it and my carved Exocet the bolts from the max go clean through and the exocet bolts stay in the target great bow very happy with it I did what alot of members do and fit her with a boo string! :D
The best things in life are not things!!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

The exomax will be harder on the serving, but ive always liked my max's and equinox's. There are some who love the carved tip models too, so it comes down to a strictly personal choice. Try out the max an go from there. If your getting a deal, then if you dont like it you can re-sell without too much problem. Excaliburs hold their value and they can be hard to find used. They are life-time bows!!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
saxman

Post by saxman »

I had one,first Excal for me.
Super bow,get it while you can :D
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Island Hunter

Post by Island Hunter »

Hi, I think I know witch one you are talking about. It's a 2009, with all the trimmings. It is a good price, that's a little cheaper than what I payed for mine, and all I got was the lite stuff package.This thing has the right stuff package, + a few other goodies. If I didn't have one all ready I would jump on it. I just love mine, it's BAD ASS. Tuning it up right now, just about got it, 1" to 1 1/2" groups so far. Good luck. :D :D :D :D :D :D
Last edited by Island Hunter on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(2013) MATRIX 355
Tact-Zone scope
18" Diablo's
150gr Boltcutters
Danny's Flemish String
Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers
(2009) EXOMAX 350
Varizone Scope
20" Fire Bolts
150gr Boltcutters
Ground Pounder Mount
Boo Strings
STS
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

saxman wrote:I had one,first Excel for me.
Super bow,get it while you can :D
I also had one but couldn't hunt with it here in Illinois. I let my son have it. He also loves it and can hunt with in Ohio where he lives.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
va3cgt

Post by va3cgt »

Here's my bear hunt from September with the Exo-Max. 34 yard shot. Love the bow!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TlKeiUwaUs
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I used to own one, and I found it performed better with heavier arrows. Of course with heavier arrows your speed would be reduced. However you'll still have a lot of kinetic energy and temendous power, so it's a great bow for killing elephants and lions. Anything smaller than that you'll be able to "smoke".

On the negative side, it is "somewhat" harder to cock, hard on servings and strings, and it will need a "little extra" maintenance. However, if you have a strong back, are handy, and you can make and serve your own strings, that shouldn't be a problem.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
xbowholic

Post by xbowholic »

I love mine but a little hard on the serving; I bought the phoenix and now have a new love... :shock:
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Another vote for the 'Max being more than I needed. I like the 200# models a lot more and the 150# Vixen is just plain fun!
"Eze 18:21"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats on yer Emax, too much fer me. miss vixen is my choice!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Big John

Post by Big John »

Well I have The Max and Equinox in use, and LOVE them both. I had Back surgery in June, and cock the Bow's no problem. I have put many shots through them with Boo Strings and my servings are still mint. I am always checking the bow's before going out and never found anything that needed to be tightend or adjusted. But I'm always on it. :wink: I'm picky about my Toy's. Get the Max and have a Blast!!
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

Love it.

I haven't hunted much with it, but, I have had a lot of fun target shooting and it has helped to introduce a few friends and family members to bow hunting. They got a real kick out of the speed. Put a lumenock on an arrow and it will suck anyone (particularly male) in (fast shiny thing...ya know).

I have actually been shooting 80 yards for kicks. I'd never take a shot at a living thing at that distance, but, it has certainly been fun to do with the 'Max on targets.

It's still more heavy and cumbersome than my compound or longbow. But, now that the cold weather has shown up, it will most likely be the 'go to' bow for the rest of the season. I hate trying to draw after sitting in bitter cold weather for a couple hours. You stiffen right up.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Had an Equinox, to much bow for me. Cocking was strenuous on my twice-cut back. Serving wear was noticeable, but it sure pounded the targets. Downsized to Vortex. Great bow but the Phoenix gets the nod more often than than the Vortex or even the 365 fps compound.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

I like mine just fine,great crossbow!
thanks philip