Having a hard time with the forum

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Adrian J Hare

Having a hard time with the forum

Post by Adrian J Hare »

Am I the only one having a hard time ajusting to this new forum. I even typed out a big reply on cold feet and lost the whole reply before I could get it up.

Man Peter, you've gone and do t now :shock:

I liked the old forum much better , why was it that it needed to be changed ?
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
Hi5

Re: Having a hard time with the forum

Post by Hi5 »

I'm no computer whizz, but I doubt that your loss of a post before you got it submitted had anything to do with changes on the forum. It's likely a problem at your end of things.

It sure is annoying, isn' it? I 've had it happen after I've worked out a brilliant piece of writing, and two finger pecked it out, only to lose it. I just shut off my computer and walk away. Works better than taking an axe to the thing.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
saxman

Post by saxman »

I'm getting used to it.
Change is inevitable :D
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
kmtpr

Post by kmtpr »

If you go into your User Control Panel, click board preferences and select "subsilver2" for board style..you will then have the board much like it was before. :wink:
Am a non-hunting woman who supports hunting and crossbows!

I rather be hated for standing up for what I believe in, than be popular by going against my beliefs.

NRA Golden Eagles & ILA, NJOA
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I gotta believe that its a better system, or there would be no need for it. Ive noticed a few cool new options! and it does grow on ya after a while. Every new change is bound to have some bugs to work out.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Pink Panther

Post by Pink Panther »

things are great with the forum works good, looks great. thanks keep up the good work paul.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

I still can not get much out of search, it is such a waste of time I stop trying. :evil:

Ghost
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

kmtpr wrote:If you go into your User Control Panel, click board preferences and select "subsilver2" for board style..you will then have the board much like it was before. :wink:

Thanks I'm once again back with Excal ! Hello All ! I servived the change over :D
Ontario Hunting Lodge
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Hi5 wrote: It sure is annoying, isn' it? I 've had it happen after I've worked out a brilliant piece of writing, and two finger pecked it out, only to lose it.
It's better to write long or important submissions on a Word document (or another program) that autosaves every minute. It's easy to cut-and-paste to a forum post template. Better safe than sorry, especially if you're a "hunt-and-peck" typist. :D
Grizz
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Disappearing stuff? It's the mystery key down by the space bar that's the culprit. I have no idea which one but it's then kiss of death on posts or emails. I'm a clumsy two finger typer, so it hits me w/ regularity.

I recently found a way to disable cap locks and life got better. I couldn't delete 'sent' messages on new forum but once I applied the subsilver2 or whatever, had no problem.

I couldn't tolerate the 'new' version. Another observation, those guys/gals w. huge avatars on 'old' look are using 'new' look and don't know they have to adj them for both apparently.

I pm'd one 'net' friend about his and he thinks it's my computer that has the problem, lol. With all the new members here, something had to give space/band width and this is as good a deal as it gets.

Thanks, Peter and who ever else had to do the scut work so we could keep playing here.
"Eze 18:21"
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

kmtpr wrote:If you go into your User Control Panel, click board preferences and select "subsilver2" for board style..you will then have the board much like it was before. :wink:

thats what I did.. same basic operating system under that style;)
Norlander

Post by Norlander »

The only complaint I have is when you scroll down past the "Excalibur Crossbows" and "Support" menus you have three inches of black space on the left. If those menus were at the top of the page, I'd have the whole screen to view photos and text without having to scroll sideways.
Maybe I'll try the preferences in the control panel as some have suggested. Otherwise, I like the new look.
Jerry
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

I recently found a way to disable cap locks and life got better.

Please let me in on your secret , I HATE THAT BUTTON,,, The other day I was two finger speed typing and when I looked up the whole thing was yelling at me in high case, so I got the supper glue out and slowed it down from coming on, but a brand new note pad, my ol lady was mad :mrgreen:
Ontario Hunting Lodge
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Adrian J Hare wrote:
I recently found a way to disable cap locks and life got better.

Please let me in on your secret , I HATE THAT BUTTON,,, The other day I was two finger speed typing and when I looked up the whole thing was yelling at me in high case, so I got the supper glue out and slowed it down from coming on, but a brand new note pad, my ol lady was mad :mrgreen:
http://johnhaller.com/jh/useful_stuff/d ... caps_lock/
"Eze 18:21"
TB

Post by TB »

Thanks tpmr I'm back to the old format. It's great to be HOME!!