H&R ultra slug gun users

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Re: H&R ultra slug gun users

Post by crazyfarmer »

rutman wrote:I've never seen a millet scope, their rings are great. It should draw lots of light with the 50 mm objective though. They are a cool gun. Thanks for the post. :)
Ive read alot of reviews between the 2 and it seems that the 50 doesnt really help that much more. Millet scopes are nice, but hard to find. This scope was 179 which was the best one I could find locally at the time before I discovered ebay LOL. The rings they make are very nice also! Nikon still makes the best scopes in my opinion though for the money 8)

Kelly, I shoot the 2.5inch for thats a steal on those sabots!
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

crazy farmer wrote:Kelly, I shoot the 2.5inch for that's a steal on those sabots!
I bought some from Sportsmansguiide.com in Oct for less than $12.00 CF. Don't know if they sold out or not.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
phil

Post by phil »

...absolutely love this gun!...had mine now for 4 yrs. I also shoot the 20 ga. and use the Lightfield hybrid EXP sabots. trigger is smooth and my groups are 2" @ 100 yds. Have a 3X10 scope mounted on her also.
....Work To Live....Live To Hunt
rutman

Post by rutman »

The twist on those guns isn't all it for the really fast slugs. I tried the hornady's and the platinum tips and found that they were too fast to group real tight. I tried federal Barnes X "Xpanders" at 1600FPS and found that they group way tighter. Remington produced a new slug for the slower twist barrels called Accutips that run 1850FPS at the muzzle and they group every bit as good as the slower expanders. They have a special tip that compensates for the slower twist.
Try them, you won't be dissapointed!

http://www.remington.com/products/ammun ... t_slug.asp
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!