Guests??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Should anonymous guests be allowed to post??

Yes
23%
No
77%

Total votes: 61

Don

Guests??

Post by Don »

With all the hubaloo that has been happening lately, I was just wondering what you opinions were on this subject.
My opinion is that guests should be allowed to read posts but should not be allowed to post unless registered. Many other sights do this and it sure cuts down on the bashing, but does not necessarily eliminate it.

Don :lol:
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I agree, it will stop the "spur of the moment" non-member posts, and reduce the number of frivilous ones.

In my opinion, if someone doesn't wish to spend the few minutes to register, then they must not be too interested/serious about posting.

It would also prevent members from forgetting to login.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Outdoorz

Post by Outdoorz »

While I personally appreciate 90% of the constructive comments or questions that most guests post, I do not like the occasional nonsense that some anonymous cowards have dumped on the board.

I agree that registering before being able to post is a legitimate requirement that will discourage hooligans and foster a greater sense of community on this forum (not that it needs it) :D

It's a great forum! Anything to improve it is a step in the right direction.

My humble opinion...

John
Digger

Post by Digger »

We've got almost 450 members on the forum now and it take less than 5 minutes to register. We can keep a lot of gnomes and trolls out of our hair ( metiphoricly speaking ) and you'll have to log in to post also.

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

My opinion: No more guests! :evil: It's free to register. And I too support the inability to post unless logged in. If a member forgets, the forum should ask for a member to log in and only then be allowed to write up a post.

I understand the initial intent of allowing guests to ask questions...they may initially just want to see how this forum responds to their questions...and may be a bit shy to register figuring they are just testing the waters. However, anonymous opinions 'out of the blue' add little to the overall quality of this forum and its registered members.
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
Kdog

Guest's

Post by Kdog »

I agree, they should be able to read only.

Kdog
10Ring

Post by 10Ring »

Signing up on the forum is simple, quick, easy enough I can do it :lol: and cost nothing.

I agree, if you want to post, you should sign in. Actually; when this latest forum format was set up, that's the way I thought it was going to be.
10Ring
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I also agree. And as far as someone being shy, it's not like they have to show a picture of themselves. Hooligans and trouble makers need not apply.
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

edited/deleted by Red Label :D
Last edited by Red Label on Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpartaJim

Post by SpartaJim »

I guess I'm in the minority. 'cause I voted "yes".

But I do so with a caveat - That being that guests should be allowed one post without having to register. Returning guests would have to register to participate in further board activities.

Many times a guest will have a question or comment and once their question is answered or they have left their comment they move on, not to return to the board. That is fine.

But if they should return and wish to make a post, registration should be required.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Guests still should have the right to post and answer questions here. MAny people looking for information on crossbows would not register (just not realizing how computers work) even if it is easy.

Any way these people that cause trouble as guests are NOT AS HIDDEN as they believe. Trouble is that having toruble makeres possing as guests posting questions makes for more work for the Admins. The Admins can trace any of these people down and file reports to their servers.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

edited/deleted by Red Label :D
Last edited by Red Label on Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bronco

Post by Bronco »

I agree I think you should have to register to post.

Bronco
huntin1

Post by huntin1 »

I too agree, only registered users should be allowed to post.

huntin1
"Never corner something meaner than you"
Dave Snobelen

Post by Dave Snobelen »

I believe in freedom which means they can post. Yeah garbage happens and I do appreciate Barbara's intervention when required. Just because we don't agree with a guest he or she should be allowed to voice their opinion. My mentor didn't sail the North Atlantic dodging U Boats for me to impose my will on others.
Dave :D