What's the best rangefinder for the money?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

EQUINOXHNTERVA

What's the best rangefinder for the money?

Post by EQUINOXHNTERVA »

I'm new here as well as new to crossbow hunting. Was wondering if I could get some suggestions on a good rangefinder for the money. I have looked at several models and they vary in price a great deal. What should I be looking for? I know some of you guys have a great wealth of knowledge and years of crossbow hunting under your belts. Thanks.
2009 Equinox, Easton Powerbolts, S5 system, 100 gr. spitfires. Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are.
Kenton

Re: What's the best rangefinder for the money?

Post by Kenton »

Leica is far and away the best, but your gonna pay for it.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
roly

Post by roly »

Get what your wallet will allow

I use busnell 450 yardage pro

Decent price and decent results.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

My last post before jumping on the plane for AZ.

I would go with the Nikon 550 or the Leupold®'s RX-600. You can get either for $200. Both are easy to handle/use and have very good glass. Fairly inexpensive and will do everything you need it to do.

You want something that feels good in your hand and easy on your eye. A lot of it is personal preference. You want to be able to put it on a target easily. So, test it as much as possible before buying. Make sure your hand fits it good.

Merry Christmas!

I'll be back next year . . .Scott
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Rich

Post by Rich »

Second any of the Leupold models, don't really need Ballistic models if bowhunting only. The Bushnell 450 is a reasonably priced model ($140-150) and has worked very well for a lot of people. The Nikon gets a lot of favorable reviews also, comes down to how much you want to spend and what feels good in your hand.

Rich
fishbait

Post by fishbait »

At some point you may want to mount the rangefinder on your crossbow. Some can be done , some can't, so you may want to investigate this before buying.
If it breaks replace it with a bigger piece of steel
EQUINOXHNTERVA

Post by EQUINOXHNTERVA »

Im looking at the Nikon Archer's Choice rangefinder. Anyone have experience with one of them?
2009 Equinox, Easton Powerbolts, S5 system, 100 gr. spitfires. Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are.