On my way to work when....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

groundpounder

On my way to work when....

Post by groundpounder »

Walked into the garage this morning, said hello to the cat,opened the garage and went to the truck. Cranked the truck and went to close the garage and the remote would not work. Dang cold killed the battery finally! Went back in the garage to close it with that button and to try and make the mad dash to jump over the photo eye but the door only went down an inch and then back up. Dang photo eye! Walked over, gave the closest one a jiggle, walked back to push the button and the same thing. Walked over to the far side and reached down to give that one a jiggle but when I grabbed hold of the eye my eye then caught view of something. A opposum right behind the photo eye! I let go REAL QUICK! There happened to be a shovel right there. At first I thought I would be able to just flush it out of the garage. But then when the opposum decided to hold its ground, it lost its ground. Its now taking a dirt nap! The wires on the photo eye are chewed up so thats a project for me for when I get home. What a way to start the day! Oh, and I made sure it just wasn't "playing" opposum!
Why ride when you can walk!
Grizzly Adam

Re: On my way to work when....

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Gotta be proactive about 'possum control, Groundpounder! :P :lol: :wink:

Grizz
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Fortunately, their hairless tails freeze - along with mine - :D at 20 BELOW, so they don't move into northern MN. What's that green stuff under the cage :?:
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Dang another possum party, make sure you grill it & bast it til all the grease n fat are out of it :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Cossack wrote:Fortunately, their hairless tails freeze - along with mine - :D at 20 BELOW, so they don't move into northern MN. What's that green stuff under the cage :?:
That's called green vegetation, Cossack ... maybe y'all 'possum-less Minnesotans will see some in a couple of months, if you're lucky! :P :lol: :wink:

Seriously, all I see is emergent grass and wild garlic (called wild "onion" by locals).
Grizz
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

groundpounder wrote: Dang cold killed the battery finally!
Hmmm Guess when you come up to hunt Canada we will supply the batteries. We make em for cold weather. Bring your longjohns here!!!! Keeps body parts from shrinking but batteries keep on ticking. LOL Gets so cold here my lighter won't work most days till I blow on it in my hands to make the fuel in it boil off. Only good thing of winter is peoples furnaces break down!!!!!!! I would likely go broke if I lived down there!!! LOL
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Guess I forgot the majority of who I'm talking to here of being from the North. The lows have been stayng in the 20's here for the past few days and for here that is cold.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

We would be in shorts and teeshirts :) :) Except for me that is with my chicken legs. LOL
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

you know why the chicken crossed the road don't you?

to show the possum that it could be done... successfully
Merry Christmas evabody!
thanks philip
War Paint

Post by War Paint »

Poor little possum
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

War Paint
Post subject: Re: On my way to work when....

Poor little possum

This coming from the person that got pulled over by the PO-PO for swerving in their truck to hit one on the side of the road! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Them possum are easy to handle just pick them up by the tail..serious they cant get you they are to heavy to for the tail it isnt that strong.. :wink: You got to be careful of the buisness end ifn he aint playin possum but if you can get him to play dead just pick em up by the tail and LAUNCH.. :mrgreen:
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!