some knucklehead in western australia...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

blackjack

some knucklehead in western australia...

Post by blackjack »

g'day, some moron in perth western australia near mandurah where l live has shot 5 kangaroo's with a crossbow over the last month or so & left them running around with the bolts in them, so the media is saying. & the media is having a heyday with it. its illegal without a permit & must be done with a head shot 223 cal min l think. now there saying that they want to ban crossbows, at the moment no permit is needed we get them by mail order in western australia, l have 4 xbows & probably around $9000 worth of gear all up what a dickhead he is. & l bet it was done with one of those cheap Chinese xbows that the shops are selling for $300 a pop. my fingers are crossed...best regards frank p.s wish us luck down under!!!
Last edited by blackjack on Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
FJB

Re: some knucklehead in western australia...

Post by FJB »

Thats bad news!!! It is always bad when 1 bad apple tries to spoil the whole bunch!
SPITFIRE

Post by SPITFIRE »

g'day blackjack. another case of one idiot trying to spoil it for everybody. I hope they catch that S.O.B and cut his b***s off. We don't need people like that calling themselves hunters. Best of luck finding out who did it. ps. FJB beat me to the punch.
I am a hunter and proud of it.
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

there are hillbillys every were thy were most likely not even using a good broad head still no excuse .
addicted to canadian beaver
munch

Post by munch »

frank i hope they catch the people that did this and leave the rest alone .merry christmas terry
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
maple

Post by maple »

Sounds like some PETA publicity stunt. No hunter could be that dumb.

Maple
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

It was not the crossbow that shot the kangaroos, but the idiot. They need to ban idiots.........................oh wait, we can't do that because our governments are over run with them :wink: .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

g'day bob & everybody else l'm inclined to agree its a stunt myself thinking of all the media attention & all surely nobody in there right mind could be that dumb, could they...regards frank p.s talking about stunts back in the late 70's the media in victoria australia was out to get sling-shots they had the model that has an arm brace fitted they loaded it with a 1/2 inch steel ball bearing & shot it into a school tin locker wow a huge hole through it they showed this on tv they then banned them. l tryed this with my own sling-shot years later & a much more powerfull rubber & the resault was a dint...so there you go!!!
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

dutchhunter wrote:there are hillbillys every were thy were most likely not even using a good broad head still no excuse .
Wait up there Dutch! :lol: I'm a transplanted hillbilly. We might stuff a pillow in a broken window for a year or two til we get around to fixing it, but we would never gig a kangaroo illegally.

Try the word 'honyock' I've been told they do crap like that! Merry Christmas buddy!
"Eze 18:21"
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

You don't have an idiot problem, nor a government problem, you have a media problem.

Didn't they rabble rouse and demonize guns in your country/continent ?

I saw video of them cutting the rifles into pieces with a chopsaw. I watched that and read some, and realized that it was ridiculous. Later I heard that there was a spike in the crime rate. Not every crime, just one crime- home invasions. Seems it is so much more fun to rob people when they are at home, rather than away.

Here in the states, the media trots out losers and promotes abnormal behavior, while offering propaganda that we should all accept the abhorent activities, and feel guilty about outselves if we don't embrace it. Her Goebels would be proud of ABC.

It is sad, but mob rule runs the show here now, and the media runs the mob.

Maybe you should explain that crossbows are good for rabbit and cat hunting, and that they squash a fine toad.
Just an over informed newbie with a misinformation spreading disorder- and a Vortex