no
40%
just haven't has anything to post
No votes

Total votes: 47

wabi

Is the new forum harder to use?

Post by wabi »

Seems to me like the number of new threads and posts are down since the forum switched to the new look.
I may be wrong, but it just doesn't seem as user-friendly to me. Perhaps I'm just too old to want to see change, but a lot of other members seem to be posting less & less, too.
wabi
Crispy

Re: Is the new forum harder to use?

Post by Crispy »

I also noticed the posts are down but figured it was do to the holidays, lots of shopping and visiting, ect. As far as being user friendly, I was just getting used to the old layout when it changed. Now I'll just have learn to it again. It might not be as easy but its not all that bad :?
Crispy
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I think it is about the same. nicer for loading pictures now thats forsure. I like it
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I thinks its an improvement, but only after changing the screen like Vixchix suggested so that it looks like the old forum. I found the new screen hard to navigate and difficult to read. I hope newbies to the site dont think the same thing.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

i switched the the subsilver option and its basically the same old forum. Only thing different is the board index link.

but to me its simple to use.. I adapt to things quickly though :lol: :lol:
greenjoytj

Post by greenjoytj »

The main problem with this forum is that every aspect of crossbow use from hunting to equipment technical questions, arrow problems, strings, broadheads, fletching ...... its all lumped together in just one forum "crossbow hunting".
Try searching for just one specific type of information on a topic like strings, you get more hits than you can read in week. This is a fatal flaw that in my opinion really limits the usefulness of this forum.
08 Equinox, #1989 string, FireBolts with NAP QuikSpin ST Speed hunter vanes, 150gr. Boltcutter BH's, Lumi-Zone scope.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

In reply to the post above me. Yes its harder to find info using search. You enter more than one or 2 words & you get 3492 hits but only 41 actually are what you are looking fer. Takes 3 months to weed thru them & its a daunting task!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

greenjoytj wrote:The main problem with this forum is that every aspect of crossbow use from hunting to equipment technical questions, arrow problems, strings, broadheads, fletching ...... its all lumped together in just one forum "crossbow hunting".
Try searching for just one specific type of information on a topic like strings, you get more hits than you can read in week. This is a fatal flaw that in my opinion really limits the usefulness of this forum.
Just ask your questions and forego the search feature. I can't work it right either. One of the nicest thing about this forum is the lack of posts advising 'just use the search' Gee, I hate reading that, lol.
"Eze 18:21"
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

I'm getting use to it ... guess Im also resistant to change .

I can't get the search to work properly ! ? .... that is the most irritating for me , as I use to use it often .... What am I doing wrong ?

For example .... I wanted to find a post I made with a picture of a Monarch butterfly .

I type in butterfly and author r.j. ( which is something I have done 100's of time before ) and I get ...
No posts were found because the word butterfly is not contained in any post.
What am I doing wrong ??? :evil: :evil:
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
roly

Post by roly »

I had trouble with the old forum, and have trouble with this one .

But thats just me.

I agree with R.J. , I can't get the search to work either
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

I've gotten use to it already. About the picture posting. The new style only allows you to post 3 pictures and it just tags them to the very bottom of your post. For those that like to post like RJ and tell there story along with the pictures you still need to post your pictures using a photobucket type site.
Why ride when you can walk!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

I find it as great as the old forum :D I see no problem using it and like the looks..

For the search part, join the crowd.... I find most forums search area a bout the same, meaning ya get the same back.. you want a few about a certain thing/subject and get a thousand to weed through :lol: :lol: :lol:

GaryL .... :D

PS: less posting = HOLIDAYS + hunting season ending for some, we still have till 2-07-10
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

one shot scott wrote:I thinks its an improvement, but only after changing the screen like Vixchix suggested so that it looks like the old forum. I found the new screen hard to navigate and difficult to read. I hope newbies to the site dont think the same thing.
How do you change the screen?
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

A fellow forum member helped me. Thanks. Much better now.
jmemphisguy

Post by jmemphisguy »

Yes the new forum is much harder to use. I had been away from the ste for a while and don't like the new format.