Hawke Crossbow Scopes

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xs109c2

Hawke Crossbow Scopes

Post by xs109c2 »

I know that this is an Excaliber web and this question is in no way meant to down grade thier product because Vari and Lumi's are good scopes. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Hawke brand of crossbow scopes and what do they think???
Excaliber Exocet & Relayer25
Ten Point Phantom
pdislow

Re: Hawke Crossbow Scopes

Post by pdislow »

I have a hawke MAP scope on another brand of xbow and like it just fine. I would say it is in the ball park with the varizone on my max ,just a little smaller, but I don't know a whole lot about scopes anyway.
thanks philip
wabi

Post by wabi »

I have a Hawke air rifle scope and it works fine.
I'm not super impressed by it, but for the price it's not a bad scope.
wabi
saxman

Post by saxman »

I have one
The reticle rotated inside and I need to send it back
I'm sure they will fix or replace it.
Other than that I like it
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

I have the SR model, in black. The MAP is less expensive and is probably what I should have gotten, but the circles inside the SR are very nice. They illuminate, five shades of green or red each, and the circles reflect a 2" circle at the various yardages. This gives range finding ability to it, although I haven't figured out how.

I use the top circle for 20, next down 30, next 40, and last circle 50 yards. There is also a post below that which does 60 yards pefectly. However, the scope does not align these reticles evenly for all bows. I shoot a Vortex, but go faster or slower than it, and you may end up with odd distances. That is where you have to get creative with your sight in distance.

Some complain about the optics, but not me. I can actually see the target better in dim light with it, than with naked eyes, and if I can't verify with my own eyes, not shooting anyways.

If you are interested, and are thinking about Hawke scopes, best to wait a little while. They are supposedly comming out with a new scope that may indeed adjust for differing speeds. Probably cost more than you will wish to spend. But claimed to be crossbow specific and high end in quality.

So far they seem durable. They are small and light weight, and have wonderful adjustments for windage and elevation. I also enjoy the free software program that determines trajectories at the various distances.

I am glad my bow has the thing on it.
Just an over informed newbie with a misinformation spreading disorder- and a Vortex
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I got the Hawke SR with circles it was short n lite. Mine would not Illuminate red or green so i sent it back. I was disappointed as i did like the circles on my targets it was quick to see & maybe i should have just exchanged it. I got my arse on my shoulders fast when things like that happen. Not the 1st time won't be the last. :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
hetichunter

Post by hetichunter »

Undertaker wrote:I

If you are interested, and are thinking about Hawke scopes, best to wait a little while. They are supposedly comming out with a new scope that may indeed adjust for differing speeds. Probably cost more than you will wish to spend. But claimed to be crossbow specific and high end in quality

dats a good tip!
If it isn't hectic, it isn't hunting!