Am/Should I be mad???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gerald strine

Re: Am/Should I be mad???

Post by gerald strine »

From an outsider looking in the best thing that could happen now would be for Munch to give Groundpounder a percentage of the profits a partner ship of sorts can still be worked out.
It seems that each of you have a chance to benefit from this ,ones persons idea the other takeing it to the next level.
The two of you should contact each other via a private email I think it would be wonderful if Munch extended the 1st olive branch.
Just a idea that mite make every one feel good about this.
Good luck to both.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Boo

Post by Boo »

gerald strine wrote:From an outsider looking in the best thing that could happen now would be for Munch to give Groundpounder a percentage of the profits a partner ship of sorts can still be worked out.
It seems that each of you have a chance to benefit from this ,ones persons idea the other takeing it to the next level.
The two of you should contact each other via a private email I think it would be wonderful if Munch extended the 1st olive branch.
Just a idea that mite make every one feel good about this.
Good luck to both.
I said this before but you've said it in a better way Gerald, I hope Munch listens.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
hetichunter

Post by hetichunter »

i dont know groundpounder or munch (despite being refered to as his buddy) and do not have either of the products. i couldnt pick either of them out of a lineup.

my take on this thing is it should be between those two and everyone else should keep their nose out of it. neither of them started this entire thing. i only joined in after the initial attack was made on munch. and for the record i would have done the same thing if the attack was on groundpounder!
If it isn't hectic, it isn't hunting!
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

What is legal is not always the right thing to do...but people do it nontheless. Same thing as having the right-of-way at a traffic light. You can go because you have the right-of-way but if you pull out in front of a truck....

That being said, I still think back to one of the greatest in the archery world. None other than Fred Bear. Some are not aware that Fred did not patent many things he invented, but he got along very well in spite of this. Others profited from Fred's inventions but it did not seem to bother him and in fact, it seemed to please him. However, archery, as we know it, was really just getting started back then. It is a bit different today and that almighty dollar causes folks to do some strange things.

I wish you well regardless of what has happened. Remember that you can not change what has happened. The only thing you can change is your attitude towards it. Let it be a part of the learning process....but never trust a certain person ever again!
Keep smiling!
Dennis
Dumbazz

Post by Dumbazz »

Legal, yes. Classy, no.

Munch mounts, it appears to me are being sold as this new great invention on other websites, which they are not. He copied an already successful product and made a couple little cosmetic changes to it.

Then he decides to go head to head with the original inventor on a small website like this.

I am near Munch, but will buy a GP from the states before a
Munch.

I wonder if Munch is reading this. I wonder if he will step up and respond?
I come by my name honestly.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I seriously doubt a design patent can be obtained from a simple design like that.

If a design patent can not be obtained and enforced, then it's just business as usual. At this point it would be useless to even try a patent, it's a known invention. If you have something worth patenting, then do not discuss it on a open forum.

Todd did what is referred to as "first to market". He can always claim "the orginial", but, that's about it. The best marketer and manufacturer will profit.

The consumers now have a choice. The person with the best product and adapts to the competition will be rewarded.

I rarely use a quiver, but, when I do, it's with a groundpounder mount, for sure.

Good luck Todd!
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
TPM

Post by TPM »

If you dont want things copied you MUST do the legal work just like any big company does to protect their product but at the same time a small tweak in most designs now makes it legal to sell as a totally different product.

Ya, in this world that's really what it boils down to. I know Munch is getting dumped on because of the high profile of his mount on this forum but trust me, there are others who have copied GP's basic idea and are making their own versions, you just don't see them for sale on the forum. There's also the Wyvern mount, though different looking than GP's, it's still a top mount bracket affixed to the riser. Also, let's not forget the original (I think..) top mount quiver bracket put out by Danny Miller.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Also, let's not forget the original (I think..) top mount quiver bracket put out by Danny Miller.
Valid point ,all the top mount quivers are just a copy of the original .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
huntman

Post by huntman »

TPM wrote: There's also the Wyvern mount, though different looking than GP's, it's still a top mount bracket affixed to the riser. Also, let's not forget the original (I think..) top mount quiver bracket put out by Danny Miller.

I think TPM has it bang on!! Your 100% Correct!
It goes back to my point, competition in business is good!!
Chuck Gravel

Post by Chuck Gravel »

No offense here but munch and groundpouder should keep this to a private level. this is a forum for people to learn and ask questions, not to argue and bicker with eachother. I came to this site because there was no problems. all you're going to do is drive people away which you dont want.
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

sumner4991 wrote: The best marketer and manufacturer will profit.

The consumers now have a choice. The person with the best product and adapts to the competition will be rewarded.
It seem simple. A person wanting to buy a product will buy the one that suits them best. If you are making something that is not selling. Either make it better, or make it cheaper. It's business. The forum has many members that make things to help us hunt. More than one person makes arrows, strings, string systems, mounts, etc.. Ever product was made first, and now there is someone else making it. I don't have either of these quivers. The forum is turning into a odd place anymore. People seem to more worried about whos making what, and not whos harvesting what. Let's get back to the way the forum has been for years. Groundpounder, and Munch can settle this between the two of them like MEN. Good luck to the two of you in settle this matter.
DMc

Post by DMc »

Personally it doesn't bother me one little bit that Groundpounder voiced his feelings on this subject. I have no fears that this will become a common occurence, just something that needed to be said. I think this is a good place to do it.

I have no words of wisdom. Hopefully, you can be consoled with the fact that you are famous for inventing and producing a very innovative quiver mount.

Dave
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Well said! The best product will prevail.
FredBear wrote:
sumner4991 wrote: The best marketer and manufacturer will profit.

It seem simple. A person wanting to buy a product will buy the one that suits them best. If you are making something that is not selling. Either make it better, or make it cheaper. It's business. The forum has many members that make things to help us hunt. More than one person makes arrows, strings, string systems, mounts, etc.. Ever product was made first, and now there is someone else making it. I don't have either of these quivers. The forum is turning into a odd place anymore. People seem to more worried about whos making what, and not whos harvesting what. Let's get back to the way the forum has been for years. Groundpounder, and Munch can settle this between the two of them like MEN. Good luck to the two of you in settle this matter.
deerdhunter

Post by deerdhunter »

Psalm 37:21 The wicked borrows and does not pay back...
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

deerdhunter wrote:Psalm 37:21 The wicked borrows and does not pay back...
Any reason why you left out the last part of that particular line of the 37th Psalm? Besides...picking and choosing individual lines is no way to quote scripture. The only manner of doing so in order to apply it to a modern day circumstance is to examine all the surrounding verses, their context in cultural times they were written and the other instances within the book that the same ideals are applied and/or taught.

Sorry to derail the thread...but it really bothers me when someone just picks a piece of scripture out of thin air and doesn't use it in the proper context.