Forum members .. misc favors , services and products ...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

R.J.

Forum members .. misc favors , services and products ...

Post by R.J. »

OK lets see ...

Over the years , I've purchased , or aquired through generous deals and donations .

To name a few ....

Custom stocks from Mark Henegar .

Custom tigerstriped maple wood from Digger .

Custom strings from BJ , Comfybear , and Boo .

Custom calls from wabi and huntman .

Custom crossbow rack from Chris4570 .

Custon sights from Ed Humpert .

Custom quiver bracket mounts from Groundpounder and one soon on it's way from Munch .

Custom arrow racks from Dr Dan .

I've had help / support from forum members , with everything from searching for a strangers lost dog , shipping stuff from the USA , tracking deer , dragging deer out , tree stand work , moving stuff etc. etc. etc.

Man , I can't even begin to list all the misc advise , hospitality , services , products ,favors , invited hunts etc. I have recieved from Excalibur and forum members over the years ... for fear of missing someone !

I have done my best over the years to recipricate , by returning the hospitality when I could , donating to misc causes when I could afford it , through sharing my time , hunts and experiences in the field with others when I could , taking pictures to cronicle others triumps and failures along the way , trying my best to treat people fairly and with the same respect afforded to me ...

For sure I have bumped heads and mixed words with some over the years , but have done my best to mend those fences , and choose now to move forward in 2010 by using the old saying ...

" If you don't have something nice to say , keep it to yourself "
Last edited by R.J. on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Norlander

Re: Forum members .. misc favors , services and products ...

Post by Norlander »

Good advice R.J.
The people on this forum are like family members. As such, we may not see eye-to-eye with everyone all the time. That's human nature. But there's no need to be uncivil.
I don't visit many different forums, but of the ones I do, this is by far the best, with people I'd welcome into my home based on what I've seen here on the Excalibur Forum.
Happy New Year to all and I hope we can continue to get along and remain a part of this great family.
Thanks to Bill and Kath, Peter and all the others who make it all possible.
Jerry
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Point well said RJ
I don't know what to say with the goings on the past week or two. Stress from the holiday season I guess. Everyone is entitled to there opinion and thats what makes the world go around. We have enough stress in this world we don't need it here. Have met a few forum members from here and all were gr8 and help was always there when needed.
I joke around alot and when this can't be fun no more what's the point. I am a man that stands behind my words whether they be right or wrong. If I upset someone I would hope they would pm me and talk about it cause chances are it was something taken the wrong way as it is sometimes hard to put things in words on a screen. I try to always choose my words carefully and treat others as I like to be treated. Sure we all have opinions on things but one will never change another person's opinion on any certain subject. All we can do is express our opinion in a polite way and leave it alone.
Happy New Year to all!!!!!!!!
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:D There definitely are some good people whom give and don`t get recognition here . :D
Happy New Year
May you all get that long bearded/ limb hanger , or that trophy deer this year .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

bstout wrote:I agree. There are many super good people on this forum.

In my opinion the absolute best folks ask to remain anonymous and it's gotten a little awkward at times. By this I mean disclosing certain information would destroy the anonymity of the person it came from.

In order to maintain this integrity I've had to be somewhat vague with forum members over the years (answering pm's) when it comes to customizing or performing other services to their Excalibur crossbow.

Sometimes friends do favors for friends...it doesn't mean they'll do the same for the rest of the world (it would be impossible) and this is understandable too me.

The *good things* I could tell you about certain folks...but can't! :D
Bob, are you talkin about those damn black "unobtanium" limbs again? I lay awake at night trying to come up w/ a swap for a set!
"Eze 18:21"
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Indeed RJ. :!:

This forum has some of the best people residing here. That is what keeps many of us coming back. If the character of the forum were anything but what it is and always has been, a family, it would be like any other forum. Not worth sticking around.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
wabi

Post by wabi »

R.J., I agree to a point. :roll: :lol:

Most negative comments are unnecessary, but once in a great while the forum gets that "bad apple" that will spoil things if not removed from the barrel.
I've had lots of dealings with forum members I've never had the pleasure of meeting over the years and almost all of the time I've been more than pleased with the results, but there was a couple times I felt like I'd been intentionally mislead.
One time I even had to go as far as complaining to Peter about an obvious swindle, and that time I found I wasn't the only victim. (and that person is no longer a member of the forum :wink: )

I would say it is usually best to keep the negative comments to yourself, but if a comment could be necessary to protect other members from a scam - make the comment, but word it carefully. :roll:
wabi
hetichunter

Post by hetichunter »

i dont get a chance to visit here as much as many but i do enjoy the spirit of this forum and have learned a lot. i bought a crossbow because of this forum even though IL will not let me use it to hunt with. i belong to other archery forums and some are good and some have a lot of fighting. most of the fighting on those forums comes from peeps imposing there beliefs on others and that happens a lot when crossbows come up. seems the same thing has happened here lately just not about crossbows. seems we all agree about crossbows. :D

rj i agree with your message and think your message is good advice for the new year.
If it isn't hectic, it isn't hunting!
ghglenn

Post by ghglenn »

I am new here....I must say, that this forum is one of the best I have been on. The people, advice, and comradery are top notch. Just as any "family", there are speed bumps
to overcome, I am sure things will be great for 2010.
WalknTall

Post by WalknTall »

[quote="R.J
" If you don't have something nice to say , keep it to yourself "[/quote]

DITTO!!!
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much", John Wayne
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

i must have missed a few things... i spent the past few weeks up a tree so im lost on what has happened :lol:
Chuck Gravel

Post by Chuck Gravel »

Crazy, you're not missing much
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125