Yote Call

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MADMAX2

Yote Call

Post by MADMAX2 »

I have been asked to rid some of the farms I turkey and deer hunt on to thin out the yotes looking for some feedback on a less expensive option to the electronic ones?
The best things in life are not things!!
munch

Re: Yote Call

Post by munch »

iv'e heard a couple guys talk about making a bait pile from scrapes from a butcher shop then wait them out
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
SPITFIRE

Post by SPITFIRE »

look up predatorquest.com You will get plenty of information on yotes and also mouth calls. Les Johnson has them for sale on that site also a very good television show on coyote hunting.
I am a hunter and proud of it.
lscha

Post by lscha »

Here is another good site.
http://www.predatormastersforums.com/fo ... d=1&page=1

I have a set of Yellerdog Calls that I like.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

With a bit of practice, for the ultimate cheap call, you can learn to use your own voice. It takes some time (and a very patient spouse :wink: ) but it can be done.

I have learned how to call turkeys and yotes now with my own voice. Of course, I had years of vocal training beforehand, so the foundation (strong voicebox) was already there.

I have video of me calling turkeys with nothing but my voicebox and shot one this past Fall by doing so as well. I hope to get some yote video this Winter doing the same.
Pink Panther

Post by Pink Panther »

cd compact callers complete . www. burnhamcalls.com
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Impress the first farmer and you wll have them stacking up for you.
If you are going to bait then try pork, it is more effecive than beef, get a 5 gallon pail and lower a chain in to it, add chunks of meat, pretty much anything will do. Add whatever you think is appropriate, best to think about what brought them to that farm in the first place, calves, goats? Use that to your advantage when you set up. Add water to the mix and freeze it, once the pail of nastiness is frozen you can use the other end of the chain to secure your bait to a tree or other anchor to prevent them from just dragging it away.
For a call I would use a distressed rabbit, seems to be an all season favorite. You can pick one up for about $10 anywhere, there isn't a good-better-best when it comes to those things, even if you do it wrong you will still get the attention of a coyote.
The first thing the coyote is going to do is try to get down wind of you, a decoy set out at a tree line will let him think he is rounding the sound, call for a minute then wait and watch.. They can pinpoint the sound but being a dog they can also be distracted, that is where a decoy helps.
If you miss or get busted you are going to be hard pressed to get another shot, they are not dumb and are easily trained.
Have fun!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

Thanks all I will hopefully have a picture or two if all goes well :D
The best things in life are not things!!