Not Hunting Related

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Fishn-Hunter

Not Hunting Related

Post by Fishn-Hunter »

I saw someone had posted about fishing hard water so I thought i would share a couple pics from a good day on Bay of Quinte Sunday Jan.3rd :D , hope you guys don't mind.
Family, Friends, Huntn & Fishn
Crispy

Re: Not Hunting Related

Post by Crispy »

Now thats some good eatin!
Crispy
Boo

Post by Boo »

Very nice Ian! How long did it take to get it onto to the ice?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Fishn-Hunter

Post by Fishn-Hunter »

Crispy wrote:Now thats some good eatin!
Actually these 2 hogs are still swimming to fight another day :D . Top fish is 11lbs 13oz and the other is 10lbs 11oz a little too big to eat in my opinion, I caught 4 in total that morning nothing under 6lbs 11oz so no eaters unfortunately :cry:

Thanx Don
It didn't take long at all, a minute maybe 2, we were in less than 20 feet of water.
huntone

Post by huntone »

:shock: Nice catch, Thanks for posting pics.
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Nice walleye fishnhunter! I was on the ice in Desoronto on Sat. Managed to get some HUGE perch, but the walleye were not where I was. We didnt get out too deep with the ice conditions the way they were. Someones hut was half submerged, or half floating, depending on how you look at it :lol:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Nice fish, and a great way to spend a day!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
wabi

Post by wabi »

Something I've never tried. Here in southern Ohio the ice seldom gets thick enough to be really safe, although some folks do ice fish. Last time I tried I drilled a hole and the ice cracked clear across the pond I was on when the auger broke through! Yes, I retreated for shore very quickly! :shock:

Sure looks like fun, though! :D

I've been tying flies and making lures to keep me busy. :lol:
wabi
bucont

Post by bucont »

Nice eyes .... and I mean the fish.
Axiom SMF
Munch mount
MeadowBrooke Game Calls
LCCA
Fishn-Hunter

Post by Fishn-Hunter »

bstout wrote:
Fishn-Hunter wrote: I caught 4 in total that morning nothing under 6lbs 11oz so no eaters unfortunately
It sounds like you're a long time sportsman, Fishn-Hunter!
These are beautiful fish and I have admired them since I caught my first one at the ripe old age of 6 lol. Ice fishing Walleye is my winter obsession and has been since my first time ice fishing (age8 ) and it was with my father and grandfather and I believe it was on Bob's Lake north of Kingston Ontario. I had 2 great teacher's of the outdoors in my father and grandfather and they instilled a great deal of respect for mother nature and her critters within me that I will pass on to my children. I return the good breeders back to reproduce and they are too big to eat in my opinion anyway. I like keeping a few for a meal for my family don't get me wrong but I have a self imposed 3lb max for eating. One day I will get one 15lbs + for the wall, that is my wall hanger goal, I have been close with my pb at 14lbs 7oz. Even then I might just take the measurements of the fish and release it and have a replica mount done. :)
maple

Post by maple »

OOOOOOOOO those are nice pickeral!!!

My personal best is 4 pounds, but I hope to beat it this weekend :wink:

Maple
catcher

Post by catcher »

Nice catch there Ian. Were you out with Jeff and his crew I see the pics say Quinte ice fishing team. I am going to try to get out this weekend if I have some time.
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings
Fishn-Hunter

Post by Fishn-Hunter »

catcher wrote:Nice catch there Ian. Were you out with Jeff and his crew I see the pics say Quinte ice fishing team. I am going to try to get out this weekend if I have some time.
Yes was out with The Quinte Ice Fishing Team Jeff, Paul and Ryan also Ashley Rae was in attendance and caught her first eye through the ice. Ashley took some great video footage that day, you may remember her from winning that video contest. You can see her video and pictures on the Quinte Fishing Forum. Was out this weekend fished many normally pretty hot spots in 3 great area's but fishing was slow but still managed a few eater's finally. Seems to be pretty slow both east and west right now.
Anyone considering making a trip to fish the Bay of Quinte (BOQ) I highly recommend you go out with these guy's they are top shelf, always on fish and have endless knowledge of both tactics and the waters to put fish on the dry side of the ice. You will walk away with the tools and skills to put fish on the ice for the rest of your life. I learned more in my first outing with them then most will learn in many many years of fishing on their own. These guy's are great guy's and have a real passion for ice fishing and will treat you right and have top of the line equipment and provide transportation on the ice. Check out their website quinteicefishingteam.com
maple

Post by maple »

IAN???ASHLEY??? ICE FISHING TEAM???

I KNOW YOU GUYS!!! YOU'RE FAMOUS!!!

WAS OUT WITH JEFF C LAST SATURDAY AND HAD A BLAST.
NOT A LOT OF FISH, BUT A BLAST ANYHOW.

I'LL BE BACK >----)))'>

Maple