Jaguar Crossbows...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelie

Re: Jaguar Crossbows...

Post by wheelie »

pikemaster wrote:Love to be able to agree with any of you on the Jaguar crossbow,BUT the Jaguar is "NOT" a piece of junk as stated, by probably someone who hasn't owned or shot one.I do own one and have shot many others and I can say truthfully that the jag is well worth the money.With that being said ,I'll state that the Excaliburs are somewhat better built and have a good warranty that the Jaguar doesn't ,but you will NEVER find a crossbow of this quality at anywhere near the price.And the speed is right up there out of mine at around the stated speed with the smaller 16'' bolts.Mine will blow thru a deer at 25 yards as well as any, and that's all the distants I need to hunt from where I live in Northern Michigan.I will say that the Excaliburs are my crossbow of choice,but to put down such a well made and accurate weapon as the Jaguar is uncalled for.If money is an issue or to start a new crossbow hunter out at a reasonable priced CB,the Jaguar is and excellant choice.And for the idiot that states he can't see a recurve crossbow shoot at high speeds ,has he ever looked at the Excaliburs ?? Bottom line is: I'd give mine 5 Stars for the money and quality !
Was it hard to dig up a 6 month old thread? I have a hard time finding a thread that is a week old.
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

I thought this stunk from the start, first post bragging about a piece of JUNK, they come from the UK but china bred, yep crossbow rifle kit, I think your here to try to stir a little trouble, the folks here know what your about.
Armex Jaguar 150lb recurve crossbow rifle kit One of our most popular high performance crossbows with a bolt speed of 210fps The 150lb Jaguar comes.
Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Dash

Post by Dash »

I checked a 150 Jaguar out yesterday at the state crossbow comp here. I won't take the piss out of it, as it was this guys first and only crossbow, and he didn't know any better. But as has been said already you do get what you pay for. "Quieter" is the only thing that may be true. With every other feature its not in the same league as any excalibur.
But If you just want a cheap fun toy to play around with its fine.
outdoors_al

Post by outdoors_al »

I was watching the product video for that crosscrap...er....crossbow and half way through the video it pans over the arrow and when loaded it appears as though the arrow rests atleast 1/2 an inch infront of the string, is that not going to affect its speed and so called accuracy?
pikemaster

Post by pikemaster »

Called worse by better people ? Not likely ! however next time you give your opion about a product,know what your talking about.And you did say it was made in China.Probably another over site in your thinking before speaking.
pikemaster

Post by pikemaster »

As with most of you ,you only read into the parts you think you can argue with.If you were to read what was really written,I stated from the get that my CB of choice is an Excalibur. I was just defending the Jaguar on what it is from experience with one ,and not from hearsay and opions from someone how has NEVER shot one for themselves.And for outdoor-al ,the accurate jaguar again would probably surprise you ! I know that you said you watched a DVD,and again no use with the jag and you have the whole story. LOL ! I could really care less if anyone of you ever shoot or own a Jaguar CrossBow,just quit running your mouths about something you nothing about ! Some people might really be interested in the truth of a product insted of some uninformed hogwash from a so called know it all !
strum

Post by strum »

pikemaster wrote:As with most of you ,you only read into the parts you think you can argue with.If you were to read what was really written,I stated from the get that my CB of choice is an Excalibur. I was just defending the Jaguar on what it is from experience with one ,and not from hearsay and opions from someone how has NEVER shot one for themselves.And for outdoor-al ,the accurate jaguar again would probably surprise you ! I know that you said you watched a DVD,and again no use with the jag and you have the whole story. LOL ! I could really care less if anyone of you ever shoot or own a Jaguar CrossBow,just quit running your mouths about something you nothing about ! Some people might really be interested in the truth of a product insted of some uninformed hogwash from a so called know it all !
dang man..lets keep it light..no need to get all flustered..
we all love to hunt and shoot excals and other things too..
I dont think Muskyman or Dash was looking to insult you. they are just passionate about the excals..now pm him and let him know how much you love him :D
Oh and to clear the record //i have held one and shot it ..its junk..in the nicest way i can say it :D
Last edited by strum on Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

gee thanks strum. :lol: :lol: :lol:
strum

Post by strum »

muskyman454 wrote:gee thanks strum. :lol: :lol: :lol:
anytime :D
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

one more time i wrote i dont care what kind it is if it is from china it's junk.go back and read it left to right top to bottom. :lol: :lol: :lol:
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

i don't know how i got picked out of everybody since nobody had anything good to say about it. guess it was just my day? but i must say i did get some good laugh's out of it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
pikemaster

Post by pikemaster »

Another words even if you don't know if it's from China you will write something that doesn't have anything to do with a product.Im not a fan of China made anything myself,but won't write something that has nothing to do with what we are talking about.And again Strum who care what you have to say.You probably have never shot one either.Probably too much bow for ya ? In a Nice way! have a good one.
strum

Post by strum »

but i did stay at a Holiday Inn once :lol: :lol:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
pikemaster

Post by pikemaster »

And Muskyman as for you ,I wasn't picking you out ,just want everybody that is looking to get "REAL Accurate" info on any product to get to the truth and not opions.If I or you either one was looking into a product weather a Crossbow or gun or anything else ,wouldn't you really rather have info from someone that has had experience with the product ?? I know I would. Sorry if I hurt your feeling about the muskyboy thing,it was more of a joke to get your attn. than an insult.It did however work as far as a reply back LOL !
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

bub you haven't hurt my feeling one bit we all have a different way of looking at thing's and i did get a few laugh's out of it.but you get a little wound up a little to quick. :lol: :lol: :lol: the muskyboy thing cracked me up!but i do have very strong felling about china and the crap they are flooding this county with.but that's me you don't have to go along with it.thats one of the thing's that makes this country what it is. :D