This just in . . .

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

huntone

Re: This just in . . .

Post by huntone »

Where I hunt, Tennessee, after a extreme cold night or a unseasonably cold night in late Dec. and early Jan. deer will move more during the early morning when the sun is shining. I've seen more deer grouped together during this period than any other time of the year. I've seen 10, 15 even 20 deer together. Mostly,
just after sunrise and until 9:00 am.
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

huntone . . .the sun doesn't get up good here until just after 8 a.m., so you think between 8-9a.m. will be best? Man, I hope you are right because that's what I'm going to be hunting.

Four of the five deer I shot this year were between 10:30a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Nightly temps were in the mid to upper 20's F and afternoon highs were in the 50's. That was in Virginia, not GA. I have not taken a GA deer this year. :evil: Not yet! Maybe tomorrow! :)
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
huntone

Post by huntone »

sumner......I think anytime after sunrise up until noon. The reason that I say noon is because I usually just hunt the mornings and go to the
house around 11 am. Also, it is hilly where I hunt and the sun won't get up good till 7:30 or 8:00. The best two bucks I have taken have been between the hours of 8:30 am and 11:00 am., in the late season, and they are hanging on the wall.

I was happy with what I harvested this year and didn't even go hunting during the last two weeks of our season because of the weather, windy and cold.
I am a fair weather man.........when I can be. Anyway, there were some great bucks left after I got my buck, better than I shot, and I didn't want to be
tempted to shoot. I want to save them till next year.

I hope he moves right to you.....Good Luck. :D
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount