New Ibex

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gridironcoach

New Ibex

Post by gridironcoach »

I can't wait. I'm getting my new Ibex Monday. I'm really excited. Any tips for a new crossbow hunter would be greatly appreciated. :D
lscha

Re: New Ibex

Post by lscha »

I know the feeling!! :lol: Here's a tip: Don't be surprised when you love it so much you want everyone else to have one.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

# 1 keep yer fingers below the rail or the string will make you a believer. # 2 make sure to push safety on after you cock it. # 3 put an arrow in the Ibex. # 4 make sure the string stays above the lowest brace line so it doesn't slap the riser. # 5 get an extra string now!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Set a routine and stay away from the liquid dry-fire.

(beer) :lol:

Enjoy the new bow!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
EQUINOXHNTERVA

Post by EQUINOXHNTERVA »

When uncocking the crossbow make darn sure there isn't a bolt (arrow) loaded on the rail, with your foot in the stirrup!!! I am new to crossbow hunting as well, got distracted once talking to some friends. It's a funny feeling with the handle of the rope cocker in on hand and the end of a bolt (arrow) setting on your foot. This will make you a fan of shooting a old bolt (arrow) into the ground to uncock the crossbow real fast.
2009 Equinox, Easton Powerbolts, S5 system, 100 gr. spitfires. Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are.
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

g'day, you'll love your new ibex there a great model great choice. as others have said remember the golden rule (cock-lock-load) regards frank
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
saxman

Post by saxman »

Howdy.
Congrats on the new bow.
You have been givin great advice so far,heed it.
My advice is to remember that the crossbow is no more effective than any other archery equipment.
Keep your shots to a reasonable distance,my personal max range is now 40 yards,I would rather not shoot that far.
Shoot at a relaxed animal (if possible)and pay close attention to shot placement.
Spend time with your bow and know every bolt(not arrows but nuts and bolts)know where it is hitting at all ranges.
Pay close attention to your string's condition and keep it waxed.If you are using a scope,use BLUE loc-tite on the threads of the bolts that hold the scope rail on,don't use to much and get it anywhere else.
As stated above,get into a shooting routine and don't be distracted from it.
Look through the trading post and study up on some add on's for your bow,the folks here make some great stuff to customize your bow,quiver mounts,strings,arrows,string suppresors eyc,there are also commercialy available items for your bow.
I havent bought a bow in a couple years but mine came with a DVD but there are videos on the site also,watch them,the tips and methods that Bill uses can really help you,he made the things and knows how to operate them.
Become a regular visitor to this site,the Ladies and Gentelmen here can and will help you.
Makesure you conduct yourself in an Ethical,polite manner.
Hunters are being watched, crossbow hunters especially.
Andl lastly,read my signature and pass it on.

Welcome friend :D
Last edited by saxman on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
gridironcoach

Post by gridironcoach »

Just got that Ibex today. It sure does shoot great. I already have it sighted in and ready to take it hunting. How different will the 125 gr G5's and the practice heads shoot?
huntone

Post by huntone »

Congratulations on your Ibex, I also have the Ibex and its been great.

Don't know those 125gr. G5's will shoot, never shot them, but you will enjoy finding that out yourself.
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount