Photo Contest

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Peach

Photo Contest

Post by Peach »

I haven't read anywhere where the winners have been announced this year, or if the voting has even started.

Nonetheless, last year I was lucky enough to snag 2nd or 3rd place and received a groundpounder mount for my efforts.

Unfortunately, I don't use a mount for my quiver and thought I would give the mount to a neighbour's kid. He ended up selling his bow and now I have a brand new mount that is sitting there.

Before the contest began, I thought it would best be served by the youngest hunter with an excal to contribute a photo in this year's contest.

If someone could let me know what is going on with the contest, and then let me know who the youngest hunter is, that would be great.
2008 Equinox - STS - Boo String
chris4570

Re: Photo Contest

Post by chris4570 »

The contest ends one week after the last deer season closes. At that point anyone wanting to vote will place there vote, on a new thread(yet to be made). The votes will have to take into consideration the rules. Only one vote per forum member. I guess we can keep the voting thread open for a week? Maybe two.

Here is are the rules from the original thread.:

The rules for the photo contest are fairly basic: take a picture of your crossbow harvest , in a tasteful, clean manner. No blood, hanging tongues, or pick-ups. The picture needs to show a tag, where applicable by your game laws. The picture needs to show your crossbow. The contest is open only to forum members. And to be fair to all current forum members the contest will only be open to forum members with a joined date of Sept 22, 2009 or earlier.

Although any game species can be entered, due to the fact that the majority of forum members hunt mainly deer with their crossbows, the deadline for entries will be no later than one week after the last deer season ends.

The prizes will be awarded based upon forum member votes, except the groundpounder mount courtesy of Peach which will be awarded to the youngest enterant. One vote per member.

1st prize-crossbow, picture frame
2nd prize-slick tricks, custom bolts
3rd prize-groundpounder mount, camo swivel seat.

Please post your pictures in the yet to be made "2009 trophy room" thread. I noticed some forum members may not wish to participate in the photo contest, so if you are posting a picture in the trophy room and want to be apart of the contest please indicate that.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
whateverworks

Post by whateverworks »

Hey there, if any of our southern brothers (or sisters) would like to chime in, when does your late season deer close, just interested when this contest closes, i have a picture for it but haven't tried to figure out how to post it yet. there are good intructions, just haven't attempted it yet. Thanks.
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

The "crossbow" season in KY closed Dec. 31st. The regular archery season however closes Jan. 18th. Anyone with an Methods Exemption permit can use a crossbow during archery season.
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.