Coyote Cover Scent

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DrDan

Coyote Cover Scent

Post by DrDan »

What are you using? I hear Bobcat+Red Fox urine mixed 50:50 with water and put in a spray bottle and puffed around setups will confuse em. Just curious if any coyote hunters on here. Hunting techniques are welcomed.
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan
wheelie

Re: Coyote Cover Scent

Post by wheelie »

Holy Dan!!!!!!!! You came out of the closet!!!! :) :) Or am I in the wrong section :) :)
Last edited by wheelie on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Dan - I'm in shock! You're in the Hunting Forum! Are you feeling ok? :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

I dont use anything..In my times ifn your calling and they are trying to get wind on you and they smell anything funny they will be gone..never had luck with anything but setting up where they couldnt get behind me..Its tough but some places its possible..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Take a chill pill... I am a coyote and bear hunter. Just don't care much for whitetails.

A little cover scent around the decoy and call setup helps - also a little on bushes when walking in keeps em wondering. Used skunk in past but hear that red fox and bobcat just piss em off and bring em out sometimes. With coyote hunting it is a long, long season and fun to try lots of different things.
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Cotote season never closes here. Alowed to shot as may as one pleases. No bears here though. At least no enought to botter hunting them. All out of chill pills, used them all up in the other topics section.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I don't use any cover scents, I have found that a well placed decoy will eliminate most chances of them winding you. If the "see" what they hear they will only try to wind the decoy, not the sound. Cover scents don't work on whitetails, and a coyotes nose is every bit as sensitive as a deer.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
bbbwb

Post by bbbwb »

DrDan:
Good to hear from you again. Good luck in your hunts.

bbbwb
wabi

Post by wabi »

Dan,
Dig through your back issues of PredatorXtreme and you might find a recipe. I can remember reading one, but can't find the issue. :roll:
Seems to me it had a variety (fox, coon, deer, ect.) of urines in it.
The idea is that it is so strong & confusing to the coyote it sort of "short circuits" it's olfactory senses.
wabi