Scopes

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Vortex in SD

Scopes

Post by Vortex in SD »

Currently I have the open sights on my Vortex!! The question is that I'm looking at possibly adding a scope on :) :)
In South Dakota the scope can not have any magnification-- so just a 1x I know that is it!!
Any thoughts on scopes would be much appreciated :D
Thanks,Dean
awshucks

Re: Scopes

Post by awshucks »

I like the peep and pin, use mine every y ear for turkey season. Given the choice between it, red dot or 1x, I'd stick w/ it. I sight my pin for 20 and the black post under it is good for 30.

I did experiment w/ a Chinese halo, NCStar, but it was only marginally better than P&P, imho. $49, if I recall.
"Eze 18:21"
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

I like hunting with the fiber optic peep and pin as well. I killed three with it this past season out to 30 yards, no complaints. I did however try this last year with my Phoenix.

http://www.truglo.com/IW_Products.m4p.p ... TEM_SUBMIT
I liked it real well and kept it till I got rid of my Phoenix.
Attachments
Truglo 4 dot red dot
Truglo 4 dot red dot
untitled.jpg (10.51 KiB) Viewed 1697 times
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

If ppes aren't for you, Traditions makes a 1 power scope for MLs that may meet you needs. I like the certainty of a cross hair rather than having to depend on a tiny battery. That said TruGlo makes a small reflex sight like the one pictured above that has 4 dots, whose spacing can be changed to correspond to the trajectory of your bow.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

I have tried several scopes. I like the holo type sights. I hunted all season with one and hunted a lot. Still using the same battery.
i have the sightmark on my Ibex. I just turn the dial in between settings (its off). When a deer comes as i move to flip the safety i take my index finger and slightly turn the dial. I have a bushnell made by Eotech coming. It has a on off switch that remembers your settings plus it has 20 brightness settings.And water proof to i forget how deep.