Hey Boo!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

awshucks

Hey Boo!

Post by awshucks »

Wassup? Been trying to call all afternoon and my Yahoo is on the blink. Good news/Bad news. I got a hold of that outfitter in Ok. We're good to go for the 18th. Kinda sorta. He's only got two xbow/bow stands open and no gun stands.

Since there will be me, you, and Mike, it looked hairy there for a bit. Kinda odd man out. They do have one opening for dog hunting. As I understand it, the dogs bay a hog, the catcher dogs grab it and somebody [the hunter] sticks it w/ a knife.

I told him we'd take the hunt. Being you're the youngest, most agile, no doubt most adventurous of the trio, guess who get's to stab Porky Pig?

Yer gonna need a good pig sticker. I just happen to have one. I'm gonna loan it to you on one condition. Bring an old bow string or a good leather thong to put through the hole in the handle. No thong smart azz remarks welcome either guys, lol.

I'd hate for calamity to strike. Some knife grazed hog running off w/ my prized Puma dangling out it's ribs.

Sound good? Yeah, she's razor sharp. I used to shave w/ it before a hot date.

"Eze 18:21"
Boo

Re: Hey Boo!

Post by Boo »

Hmmmmmm I wonder what's worse black bear or hogs? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll try anything twice but sticking a tusked pig with a knife? :shock:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
BUS314

Post by BUS314 »

Shucks, where 'bouts?
AKA-ChoctawBusGuy
Excal Phoenix
VariZone
GT II's w/ brass inserts
SlickTrick 125's
STS
Boo String
Double Bull DarkHorse
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

BUS314 wrote:Shucks, where 'bouts?
Smithville. Here ya go! http://www.pine-net.com/dtranch/pricing.htm

Boo, No tuskers for me!!! Price of poker goes up fast if they make 'trophy' class! I'd like a nice 150 lb sow, given my druthers. Be a real shame if you stick a big boar and gotta leave the meat here for me to grind into sausage. Yes sir, a real shame, lol.

Btw, talked to my buddy in Illinois today, got super secret seasoning mix coming for 200 lbs of sausage, gonna try round two of that fiasco, hopefully in time for you to lug some home w/ ya.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Well if'en Boo can't handle the knife & pig sticking i will do it! Y'all just let the dang hog whoop me too bad! :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Big John

Post by Big John »

I really want to see a video of you guy's trying to stick a pig with a knife. :shock: :D :D
I cant get Boo to go on a spot and stalk Bear hunt, and you think he will attack a hog with a knife. :wink:
You guy's kill me!! :D :D
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

Down here people skip the dogs and chase them down themselves. Then they wait till he charges and then they stick them. Insane.
Just an over informed newbie with a misinformation spreading disorder- and a Vortex
Boo

Post by Boo »

John wrote:I really want to see a video of you guy's trying to stick a pig with a knife. :shock: :D :D
I cant get Boo to go on a spot and stalk Bear hunt, and you think he will attack a hog with a knife. :wink:
You guy's kill me!! :D :D
Yup John, I'm not getting close to any black bear gun or not! Tusked pigs with a knife? Hehehehe I don't know about that! I think I'd rather stick a pig than knowingly get close to a black bear. Going to have nightmares tonight! :shock:
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Going to have nightmares tonight! :shock:
Well, good thing it's winter and they are 'napping' that place you're gonna stay at is lousy w/ bears. They had to electrify their dumpster last summer!

Practice a few thrusts and parries. :mrgreen:
carvedtip

Post by carvedtip »

It all depends on the size of the pig. We stick pigs here all the time, catch them by the back legs and haul them out of the brush. You can do that with pigs about up to a hundred pounds but bigger then that and you are asking for trouble. You try stickin some three hundred pound boar and he is going to take your hand off, lol. We trap a lot of them in big box traps and sometimes you get five or six in the trap at one time and we just reach in and grab the little ones to get them out, slit their throats, throw them down and grab another. They cause lots of problems with the gas line supports if they decide to dig around them so we kill them when we can.
BUS314

Post by BUS314 »

LOL, I'd like to see that video myself!! I'm a thinkin the most danger on that trip though will be on that nasty highway through Smithville (which is nothing but an old truckstop, school & cafe). I know lots of Choctaw Senior citizens there, if ya need bailed out of jail or anything , give me a call!! :mrgreen:
AKA-ChoctawBusGuy
Excal Phoenix
VariZone
GT II's w/ brass inserts
SlickTrick 125's
STS
Boo String
Double Bull DarkHorse
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

Hey carve tip my brother has a place in Fisher county and he asked me last week if i could come down and help kill some,... he said they are taking over down there.... he is into turkey and quail and they (hogs) destroy their (turkey and Quail) nests. However , I would be shooting them with a rifle.Good luck to all that go and give it a try. Also 305 grains of lead in .44 mag works pretty good on em when they charge too!
thanks philip
Boo

Post by Boo »

pdislow wrote:Hey carve tip my brother has a place in Fisher county and he asked me last week if i could come down and help kill some,... he said they are taking over down there.... he is into turkey and quail and they (hogs) destroy their (turkey and Quail) nests. However , I would be shooting them with a rifle.Good luck to all that go and give it a try. Also 305 grains of lead in .44 mag works pretty good on em when they charge too!
What's this about charging?????
saxman

Post by saxman »

When I read "Leather Thong" it put an awful vision in my head :o :shock: 8) :lol:

Sorry Dan,I didn't read the whole post.
Last edited by saxman on Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
BUS314

Post by BUS314 »

saxman wrote:When I read "Leather Thong" it put an awful vision in my head :o :shock: 8) :lol:

LOL, I knew SOMEBODY would disregard Shuck's pleas to refrain from cracking THONG jokes !! lol :lol:
AKA-ChoctawBusGuy
Excal Phoenix
VariZone
GT II's w/ brass inserts
SlickTrick 125's
STS
Boo String
Double Bull DarkHorse