X-act broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

lvt01

X-act broadheads

Post by lvt01 »

Has anyone tried Excal's X-act mechanical BH? Just wondering how they would shoot on the end of a Firebolt.
roly

Re: X-act broadheads

Post by roly »

Personally I like mechanical B/H
I find their easyer to tune and being clumsy I find them safer to handle.
Although not as strong as a fixed blade, to me they fly well and cut good.
If you like mecanicals I think the X-act will work also, but thats just my opinion.
bull_dogg

Post by bull_dogg »

If your looking for a good mech head you cant go wrong with arage.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:) Used it on my second deer this year . On a not so good shot it made a large enough hole to shorten the tracking job I feel . But I`m shooting them on 2216 arrows .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
TYE

Post by TYE »

I've shot them from my compound. They fly pretty good but the clips that hold the blades closed wear out really easy.

Right now I shoot 2 blade rages and rocket steelheads. I haven't found a mechanical that flies better than these two heads.
lvt01

Post by lvt01 »

That sounds kind of like the Grim Reaper razortips I was trying last fall. I was using one as my practice head and by about the 3rd or 4th shot one blade opened on the way to the target from 40 yards. I never knew an arrow could make a 90 degree turn like that. Never did find that arrow! :(
TYE

Post by TYE »

I never once had a problem getting any broadhead to fly good out of my crossbow when I had it.

Now that I've learned how to tune my compound better I might go back to fixed blade heads. Less to worry about.
lvt01

Post by lvt01 »

I've had some BH that'll fly perfectly and others that won't group well enough to hunt with. My one CB that I hunt with is a tack driver. I can shoot most anything out of it and it hits consistently. I had one CB recently that I couldn't get to hit the broad side of a barn wall 2 days in a row. It was a recurve and I tried everything with it. That's why I went from fixed blades and tried mechanicals last fall, but it didn't seem to help. Being I'm getting a Excal Vortex, I was just curious to how Excal mechanicals fly and what people think about them that have used them.
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

ecal has tested them and have enough confidence in them to ship them out with the finest crossbows in the world. that is good enough for me .i did try them and thy did fly true for me from both my bows very tough head .DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
lvt01

Post by lvt01 »

Hmmmm....I just might have to give them a try. Sounds like they get the job done! Thanks!
TYE

Post by TYE »

Innerloc makes Excals broadheads. And if it's made by Innerloc than it's gonna be durable and high quality and of course high performance! I would recommend them to anyone. I just Like the Rages too much right now to switch back.