"The Flight of the Phoenix"

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Amos

"The Flight of the Phoenix"

Post by Amos »

Hey guys and gals: This is Amos, I just got my Phoenix last Friday put it together and went and sighted it in. The first day I only shot out to thirty yards. I can honestly say everything I had read before purchasing my bow is true!!!! Everyone warns you not to shoot at the same spot. Now when you buy a package you get firebolts and 150 grain field tips. Well all week I went to work and thought about trying some 125 grain field tips the next time I could go shooting. Well today is my Friday at work and I've been looking forward to my second out with my bow. This time I brought my range finder along. I shot one time at each spot, bulls-eye's out to thirty yards. You see I was using my tripod shooting stick. So anyway, I backed it up to 40 yards and figured It would be safe to shoot all four bolts at the single center spot. I shot my first bolt and it hit way low. Dang if I didn't use the thirty yard chevron on my varizone scope!!!!!! I shot my second bolt and it hit its mark, the third the same result, the fourth disappeared. I wondered what happened so I walked down to retrieve my bolts. Guess what? My fourth bolt robin hooded my second bolt. You know I was excited and yet pissed at the same time!!! 125 grain field tips and firebolts are an awsome combination. You can't go wrong with a Excalibur crossbow!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, I am shooting with the excel string the one that came with the crossbow. And changing from 150 grain fp to 125 grain fp. My Phoenix seems to be shoot at its top speed by the calibration on the varizone scope. Anyway its plenty fast for me!

Amos
lscha

Re: "The Flight of the Phoenix"

Post by lscha »

WELCOME Amos! Image Glad that's shooting good for you. That's what makes it fun!
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
Normous

Post by Normous »

Thats a good way to descibe it " excited and yet pissed at the same time" :lol:
Congrats!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Glad to hear the phoenix is keeping those arrows in right n tight! :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
maple

Post by maple »

Welcome Amos. Time to buy more arrows already? Maybe you should NOT shoot it for a while. :wink:

Maple
kmtpr

Post by kmtpr »

Welcome and great to hear the Phoenix performed well for you. Robins can get expensive but also cool. FYI, we no longer call them bolts because they are over 20 inches in length. They are arrows. :wink: Safe hunting and good luck. :D
Am a non-hunting woman who supports hunting and crossbows!

I rather be hated for standing up for what I believe in, than be popular by going against my beliefs.

NRA Golden Eagles & ILA, NJOA
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Congrats on your bow and shooting!
"Eze 18:21"
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

Welcome aboard!

Next time out 50 yards offhand and you should be able to get 2-3 practice sessions in before your next Robin Hood. :)

Take care...