CELLPHONE FOR HUNTERS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wvjason

CELLPHONE FOR HUNTERS

Post by wvjason »

JUST GOT A NEW CELLPHONE THE MOTOROLA QUANTICO IT IS SAID TO BE WATERPROOF IN UP TO THREE FEEET OF WATER FOR 30 MINUTES WE HAVE THREE OTHER CELLS IN THE HOUSE AND IT ALSO PICKS UP BETTER [SIGNAL] IN THE HOUSE THAN ANY OF THE OTHERS. I HAVE HAD ISSUES WITH RAIN AND CREEKS WITH MY OTHER PHONES SO THIS SHOULD BE PERFECT FOR ME.
wabi

Re: CELLPHONE FOR HUNTERS

Post by wabi »

Have you tested it in the sink yet? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding. :wink:
Sounds like a good product for outdoorsmen/women.

Now if someone would make a digital camera you could drop on rocks........ :roll:
wabi
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

LOL... If you have water issues then you need a waterproof phone...

next will be scentlok phones :D :lol: hmmmm.... I better get on that idea :lol:
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

dropped mine in the john. fried it. but it wasn't one like that. :)
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

Some of the Motorola cell phones are built to and do meet military specs and are supposed to be reasonably waterproof, dust proof, shockproof, etc. I have one of the original model Motorola I-305 military spec Nextel phones that is about 6 years old. It has been wet, dropped on concrete and pavement numerous times, and has taken a beating and still works perfectly. The rubber volume control button cover and the rubber pust to talk button cover has deteriorated away but that has not effected the operation of the phone.

Dave
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

I read somewhere that if your phone takes a soaking, take the battery cover off, take the battery out, and put the phone in a cup/bowl surrounded by instant rice. The rice will absorb any moisture in the phone.

I tried it with one I ran through the washing machine once. It didn't work. :lol: I would say with a normal, accidental soaking, it would probably work though. :wink:

I did find out though that the little remote key fob for my truck it waterproof and does well with heat as well. Yep.......... washed & dried it. :lol: It still works though! :D
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Here's a link to the spec sheet for the Motorola Quantico

Price looks to be somewhere in the range of $100 + a contract with some providers.
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

[quote="Big58cal"]I read somewhere that if your phone takes a soaking, take the battery cover off, take the battery out, and put the phone in a cup/bowl surrounded by instant rice. The rice will absorb any moisture in the phone.

I tried it with one I ran through the washing machine once. It didn't work. :lol: I would say with a normal, accidental soaking, it would probably work though. :wink:

I did find out though that the little remote key fob for my truck it waterproof and does well with heat as well. Yep.......... washed & dried it. :lol: It still works though! :D[/quote]

It works. My teenage son dropped his PalmPre on the floor mat of the car which had a good layer of melted snow/water.

The phone was going haywire. He left his in a whole bag of rice for 5 days and it now work perfectly. Grea, because the warranty (plus the extended warranty) specifically says "Water Damage not covered by warranty". and they can tell with the test strip inside each cellphone.
Old Indian saying, if a leaf falls from a tree in the woods the turkey will see it, the deer will hear it, the bear will smell it, the moose will not eat it, but be on the look-out for LeGrand.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Big58cal wrote:I read somewhere that if your phone takes a soaking, take the battery cover off, take the battery out, and put the phone in a cup/bowl surrounded by instant rice. The rice will absorb any moisture in the phone.

I did find out though that the little remote key fob for my truck it waterproof and does well with heat as well. Yep.......... washed & dried it. :lol: It still works though! :D

That's worked for me before too. The trick is to get the battery out quickly. We have also had luck using the blow dryer. Sometimes it takes a couple of days.

I have a old razor . . .can't kill it . . .I left it's twin in the woods once . . .in silent mode . . .no cure for stupid. :lol:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I use this, a Dry-Pak, you can use most functions of the phone while encased. 100% waterproof, it has been submerged on many occasions, canoe trips, swimming, it also floats. All for about $10.

If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Bucko

Post by Bucko »

The Quantico looks like just what I was trying to describe to my wife as I phone that I would want/use.Thanks for the post.
Give it a try,What the heck!
JRS

Post by JRS »

sumner4991 wrote:That's worked for me before too. The trick is to get the battery out quickly. We have also had luck using the blow dryer. Sometimes it takes a couple of days.

I have a old razor . . .can't kill it . . .I left it's twin in the woods once . . .in silent mode . . .no cure for stupid. :lol:
More than one phone has found its way to the bottom of our pool. Removing the battery and placing it in the sun for a day or two seems to be the remedy. For some reason, teenagers feel the need to be texting while floating around the pool. :roll: