corned venison hash

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

corned venison hash

Post by wabi »

Decided to make the best of being stuck indoors today.

I found a recipe using the following for ingredients:
1 1/2 cups cut-up cooked corned beef or lean cooked beef
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
2 medium potatoes, cooked and chopped (2 cups)
1 small bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped

Figured since I had it all on hand (had home canned corned venision I made this fall instead of the meat off a nasty old dead cow) I might as well assemble the ingredients and give it a try.

Mixed it all up, then took the old cast iron skillet and melted some butter (real butter with fat & plenty of good taste) in it. Filled the skillet about 1/2" deep with the hash and cooked it for about 10 - 15 minutes until the onion looked done.
We enjoyed it for lunch, and I had enough to send our neighbor Joe (who has had a stroke and is confined to his house) a bit for his supper tonight. Poor guy's daughter refuses to cook venison for him (she tried to cook it like beef and after ruining a few meals gave up :roll: ). He really enjoys seeing my wife bringing a tupperware container when she stops by to check in on him. :lol:
wabi
Grizzly Adam

Re: corned venison hash

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Sounds good, Wabi. :D

Nothing like cookin' up a mess of something when you're holed up because of the weather. 8)

I was surprised to read of the boiled eggs being part of the ingredients! Never heard of that before. Sure it didn't hurt a thing. Did it help? :P :wink:

Kudos to you for blessing your home-bound neighbor. That's the way! :D :D
Grizz
Bucko

Post by Bucko »

I sure enjoy Hash for breakfast every now and then,I would have to of left the egg out of the recipe and had a couple of fried eggs on that plate beside the hash though.Thanks for the post,I enjoyed the previous corned venison post as well
Give it a try,What the heck!
wabi

Post by wabi »

bstout wrote:I hope you're enjoying the snow. I spoke with a ham radio operator in Ohio this morning (Shinbone sp?) and he said you guys got hammered!!
The storm actually came close to missing us again here in my part of the state. We're just a bit south & east of Cincinnati and close to the southern tip of the state. We just caught the edge of the storm and got off with only a few inches of snow. Looks like we're in for a bit more early in the week, though. The forecast is for 6"+ this Tuesday for our area. Not enough to get excited about, but enough to snarl traffic for a day or so. :roll:
wabi
tracer

Post by tracer »

I will have to try that recipe, thanks wabi.
Authorized Dealer for SPYPOINT, SPARTAN, BADLANDS GEAR, KLYMIT, FENIX,
whitetailscrossing.com